add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube
Minksaur

25 months ago

Hi all,

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/4H8hJV

Looking at building my first gaming PC and finally at the stage where I'm nearly ready to pull the trigger. For now I've got a 1080p 60hz monitor but will be looking to upgrade to 1440p 144hz in near future.

Would greatly appreciate any comments/advice on my build! Am I over spending on any areas? Better alternatives? etc...

Thanks,

Comments

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good to me! The only thing I'm questioning is the amount of fans. I'm not completely sure if you'll need all of those but hey, why not right? Hahah

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha. Only had that many listed as I'm still undecided on what ones to go with. Not too sure what I'm looking for when it comes to case fans but I think the case comes with two already.

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

just get 1 more fan so you can have 2 as intake and 1 exhaust

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks.

So I am thinking 2 intake on the front slots (140mm), radiator for the Kraken X31 on the back slot (exhaust) and then another exhaust fan on the top? Does this sound ok?

Also, would it be a good idea to put another fan on the radiator and have it working as push/pull? So mounted to the back slot with the fan as an exhaust and then another fan on the front of the radiator pushing air through it? Or is that unnecessary?

• 25 months ago
  • 1 point

im thinking the 2 in front and the push pull config on the radiator for exhaust. im not sure if the obstruction the radiator gives the fans will help keep the case with positive pressure. maybe have the intake fans using a little more aggressive fan curve just to be sure. it will help cut down on dust getting sucked in from any crevices in the case.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube