add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

touching cpu contacts (not the pins on mobo, but the actual cpu)

khmergod

29 months ago

If I accidentally touch the cpu contacts, is it possible just to use a cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol to clean it?

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't have personal experience of this, but I have heard these things are a lot more tough than people think, I heard of a dude dropping his on the floor, with those contacts down and they were fine afterwards.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

it was just a little touch and couldn't see any finger grease or anything. but would it be safer to swab it lightly with a little alochol? thanks for your previous response, btw. i'm a collector and ocd. i try to keep everything i own in perfect condition.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Definitely listen to Radox here, he knows what he's doing, you can tell from his builds.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

just checked and was amazeballs

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

It's no big deal. It will be fine, no need to start wiping the contact points with anything. I am assuming this is Intel as you mentioned the pins Are on the motherboard so even less of an issue.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks!

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube