add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cryorig C7 Orientations

khmergod

29 months ago

Would there be any big differences in temperatures installing C7 fins parallel vs perpendicular to the ram? When fins are parallel, heat pipes are up against ram and I/O heatsink. When fins are perpendicular to the ram and I/O heatsink, they are up against ram and the I/O heatsink. In a technical standpoint, would it be better to have fins in open space, or heat pipes in open space?

Comments

• 29 months ago
  • 5 points

You are way overthinking this, It doesn't matter.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm overthinking because I was trying to make sure that ram doesn't get too hot.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

From a performance aspect, it doesn't matter.

From an aesthetic aspect, it's really your choice. If it were me, though, I would have it so the cooler's fan is facing the front of the case.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

The C7 is a low-profile cooler, like the Noctua L9i.

Facing its fan towards the front of the case would be... unwise.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

The fan is always pushing downwards into the fins and heatpipes. I was trying to figure out what is best for my ram.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

It doesn't matter then.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Facing its fan towards the front of the case would be... unwise.

https://i.imgur.com/rxzNBzk.gif

Still, it might be fun.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

the fan is actually pushing into the cooler vertically. i was talking about the fins and heatpipes.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

Depending on what MB you are using it will only let you go one of two directs without hitting ram.

I used a C7 for awhile on an overclocked 6100 and found no difference in temps in how I positioned it.

You don't need to worry about ram overhearing, it won't happen.

One thing to keep in mind, the fan that comes with the C7 is ungodly load under full speed. I wound up taking it off and manually affixing a 120mm fan to it. That improved heat dissipation a lot, and reduced noise.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks for the tip. i'm using a strix z270i and one orientation hits the m.2 heatsink, but both orientations are pushing against my tridentz rgb ram. if i use corsair vengeance led, it barely clears, but not touching.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

I decided to strip the heat spreaders off my ram (G.Skill ripjaws). Which turned out quit well as the RGB lighting for the strix runs parallel to the ram. The black gloss surface of the ram really enhances the RGB lighting.

• 29 months ago
  • 1 point

these tridentz ram are thicc

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube