add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

WIFI recommendation

lolkrayd

26 months ago

Hi, I am currently using the TP-Link Archer T6E AC1300 which for the most part works fine. Its able to get about 95-100 mbps according to speedtest and get about 3bars with the 5Ghz band, however whenever I start watching a youtube video and set the quality over 480p I would have my wifi connection drop and I would need to reset my wifi card in order to connect again.

I haven't gotten a chance to test with my laptop, but my iphone seems to be able to stream at 720p without having its connection drop. So regardless of the reason, this wifi card just isn't doing what I need. Is there a better solution for this? Also I cannot be hardwired as well.

TL:DR Current wifi card struggles to stream over 480p, need another solution around the price bracket of $100.
Other info Netgear c7000 modem+router combo with spectrum cable internet @ 100mbps down / 10mbps up. Device distance from Wifi Source - 25-35 ft through about 3 walls and most likely some aluminum for heat vents. Country = USA

Comments

• 26 months ago
  • 1 point

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube