add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Render/Gaming machine + 50$ Reward

Diegondiim

31 months ago

Hello PCPARTPICKER Community! I have recently come across this amazing website and its users. I hope you guys can share your expertise and help me out.

I am an Architect but I have only used the computer at school to create my projects. Now that I have the money, but no expertise in this matter I need help to pick the right parts.

I need a pc that will be able to handle Rendering (VRAY), Photoshop , InDesign, Illustrator and Lightroom – AutoCAd, Revit and Sketchup. But also I would like to play games if I can. I read hundreds of posts, and I believe I created a good setup, but as I said I am no expert. So please if anyone could help me out would be great!

link to my list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vxvq9W

Here is the deal if you read until this point, I am willing to go even further…. As you can imagine I have absolutely no Idea how to put these pieces together once I buy it… So I will be giving 50$ to anyone that could Facetime/Skype and guide me to put this beauty together. I can Venmo direct your bank account. Anyone interested?

In addition, I picked a MID Size tower… because I don’t know if the things that I selected will fit. However, I am going back to my home country and I need to take this PC with me in a CARRY ON BAG. That’s right it must fit a carry-on bag… So if by any means you know a way to fit all this in a SMALL Case. Will be F**** amazing. Thanks in advance! Diego.

• Budget: 2500
  • Use (gaming, rendering, etc): Rendering + Gaming
  • Peripherals required (monitor, keyboard/mouse, etc):
  • Operating System required: Windows 10

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

""I need a pc that will be able to handle Rendering (VRAY), Photoshop , InDesign, Illustrator and Lightroom – AutoCAd, Revit and Sketchup.""

If these are your priority, then you should consider Ryzen. Or else if gaming is more important then you can stick to the i7.

Edit: For Ryzen, something like this...

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD RYZEN 7 1700X 3.4GHz 8-Core Processor $399.39 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D15S 82.5 CFM CPU Cooler $79.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $170.58 @ Amazon
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2666 Memory $221.99 @ Jet
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $249.99 @ B&H
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $49.33 @ OutletPC
Video Card Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 8GB G1 Gaming Video Card $544.98 @ Newegg
Case Deepcool TESSERACT SW ATX Mid Tower Case $36.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 620W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $48.99 @ NCIX US
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $1802.23
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-03 01:50 EST-0500
  • 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Where are you more inclined? Faster renders or faster modelling? The ryzen is indeed a powerful cpu for rendering but it is just above average in modelling. The i7 7700k on the other hand excels in modelling, AutoCAD and Sketchup since these software do not benefit from more cores but rather higher base frequency.

To sum it up:

Rendering = more cores

Modelling = higher base frequencies

P.S. Your setup is good, you could benefit from the i7 7700k's higher clockrate for modelling and for rendering, I suggest you utilize the GPU by using the RT engine feature of Vray(I presume you are referring to Vray for Sketchup).

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah I want to be able to render faster. Cool I will take a look on that, thanks for the feedback!

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

If you need any help using the RT feature, just ask me or search google, it is very simple, it could be set up in the Vray options tool.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Also if you could squeeze out another ~$150.00 form your budget, I recommend you wait for the official release of the GTX 1080ti. The extra CUDA cores you would get would benefit your RealTime rendering.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU AMD RYZEN 7 1700 3.0GHz 8-Core Processor $328.99 @ SuperBiiz
CPU Cooler Cooler Master MasterLiquid Pro 280 64.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $124.99 @ SuperBiiz
Motherboard Asus PRIME X370-PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard $170.00 @ Amazon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $219.99 @ B&H
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 250GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $129.99 @ B&H
Storage Seagate 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive $99.89 @ OutletPC
Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 8GB Superclocked Gaming ACX 3.0 Video Card $534.98 @ Newegg
Case Fractal Design Define S w/Window ATX Mid Tower Case $69.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply SeaSonic G-750 750W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply $89.49 @ SuperBiiz
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $89.99 @ NCIX US
Case Fan Corsair Air Series White 2 pack 52.2 CFM 120mm Fan $20.88 @ OutletPC
Case Fan Corsair SP140 49.5 CFM 140mm Fans $29.88 @ OutletPC
Monitor Dell U2715H 27.0" 2560x1440 60Hz Monitor $459.00 @ Jet
Keyboard Corsair K70 LUX Wired Gaming Keyboard $99.99 @ Corsair
Mouse Corsair Sabre RGB Wired Optical Mouse $40.99 @ Jet
Total $2509.04
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-07 19:48 EST-0500

This PC should suit your needs very well. The Ryzen CPU should overclock nicely, sitting between 3.8 - 4.2GHz. A big thing to note here is the 8 cores and 16 threads and its rendering/workstation capabilities. The 1700 is a way better workstation CPU, and I mean if it gets more than 60FPS in games there's nothing really to worry about. The monitor has a beautiful 2K IPS panel that will pair nicely with your GTX 1080 for both video work and gaming. High quality peripherals and beautiful aesthetics are bonuses. Hope this helps :)

• 31 months ago
  • -1 points

I think that it's better to research yourself on youtube about how to do it because you may have fun cuz i sure as hell did. also for your parts list, use ryzen if you are rendering. http://cdn.wccftech.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/Ryzen-7-1800X-1700-1700X-Cinebench-R15-Multi-Threaded.png

The ryzen cpus are really good at doing rendering and stuff like that but it really bogs down in gaming. maybe 10-30 fps?

Also if you can get the 1080ti. It is $700 (us) and performs faster than a titan in gaming but is slower than the titan for work related stuff like rendering. But considering the price and the fact that you still have money left over seems like a good choice.

As for the small factor case there are a lot of great mini itx cases out there which look nice. for example this one: http://www.coolermaster.com/case/mini-itx/elite130/

Last tip, try not to limit your pc part's options to just pc part picker as the website does not contain all the parts that are available. For example that mini itx case that i linked above.

Also, im not planning on skype you as i dont think im experienced enough to explain to someone else how to build a computer and plus my parents won't be that happy about me skyping strangers on the internet and claiming money from them. (lol 12 yr old problems)

• 31 months ago
  • -2 points

Little over budget, but it's got all peripherals PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-7700K 4.2GHz Quad-Core Processor $338.77 @ OutletPC
CPU Cooler Corsair H100i v2 70.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler $99.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard MSI Z270I GAMING PRO CARBON AC Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard $179.99 @ B&H
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory $134.99 @ Newegg
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 1TB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive $477.99 @ B&H
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card $579.99 @ Amazon
Case Fractal Design Node 804 MicroATX Mid Tower Case $106.99 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $77.88 @ OutletPC
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Home OEM 64-bit $88.58 @ OutletPC
Case Fan Corsair HD120 RGB 3-Pack w/Controller 54.4 CFM 120mm Fans $80.99 @ NCIX US
Monitor Asus ROG SWIFT PG248Q 24.0" 1920x1080 180Hz Monitor $399.99 @ Best Buy
Keyboard Corsair K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE Wired Gaming Keyboard $139.99 @ Newegg
Mouse Razer Mamba Tournament Edition Wired Laser Mouse $76.99 @ Best Buy
Total (before mail-in rebates) $2818.13
Mail-in rebates -$35.00
Total $2783.13
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-04 14:46 EST-0500
  • 30 months ago
  • 1 point

The 7700K is a terrible workstation CPU for the price compared to Ryzen R7 CPUs.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Mister J ,

Thanks so much for your help. It would be possible to fit a https://pcpartpicker.com/product/G4H323/tp-link-wireless-network-card-tlwdn4800 to any of these set up?

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Absolutely, although it wouldn't be necessary on the last build considering that it has an ac adapter included.

Also, that isn't the best adapter out there, as it doesn't work with the latest ac wireless standard. I'd recommend something like this.

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

Cool I appreciated the help....

Now real question is how do I know if everything will fit into the case? If i want something like this https://pcpartpicker.com/product/yTdqqs/fractal-design-case-fdcanode804blw

How would I know if all the itens listed will fit? And I realized I dont have an optical drive .... recommendations?

I am moving back to Brazil, should i get an extra set of fans for the tower ? I am concerned the average temperature in Brasil can be an issue with the cooling of the tower.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/mh7CmG/corsair-hd120-rgb-w-controller-544-cfm-120mm-fans-co-9050067-ww

• 30 months ago
  • 1 point

I work creating images to my clients and I feel like having a cd burner / reader would be important.

The Final list ended up being this one: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/2KN4jc

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube