add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Final Check of Components

Kuschelbaren

33 months ago

Pretty much finalised my build, just wanted to check if there was anything that could be improved with the main components i.e. CPU, Motherboard etc. while staying under £650. The GPU Won't be required initially so will be bought later, most likely when there's a price drop or sale.

Any advice would be great.

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor £55.20 @ Aria PC
Motherboard Asus PRIME B250M-A Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £72.00 @ Aria PC
Memory Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory £53.46 @ Amazon UK
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £42.95 @ Amazon UK
Video Card Zotac GeForce GTX 1050 2GB Mini Video Card £109.99 @ Amazon UK
Power Supply Corsair CXM 450W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply £49.95 @ Ebuyer
Monitor BenQ GW2470H 23.8" 1920x1080 60Hz Monitor £104.98 @ PC World Business
Other LOGITECH K280e UK Layout Corded Keyboard £17.47 @ Scan.co.uk
Other Game Max Silent Sound Proofed Gaming Case for PC £44.98 @ Amazon UK
Other Windows 10 Home 32/64 bit - USB Install £78.00
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £628.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-03-01 15:37 GMT+0000

Comments

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Everything looks pretty good. Have you considered the RX 460 instead of the 1050? I've heard it outperforms the 1050 for a cheaper price. Or, if you want to save up, grab a 1050TI or an RX 470.

Oh, also, I would highly, highly, highly recommend getting an SSD instead of that normal HDD. I wasn't sold at first, but since I upgraded I will never turn back. You could always get a small one for now and then add a bigger HDD later. I guarantee you will see the difference. It makes general Windows use so much smoother. Honestly, if you had to choose between a better processor or an SSD, you would notice more of a difference with an SSD.

But yeah, otherwise everything looks good!

• 33 months ago
  • 2 points

Cheers, I was on edge about an SSD but I think you've sold it for me, I'll probably get HDD later for some of the big stuff like games.

As for the GPU I'll have a look into the RX 460 although I was liking the look of the 1050TI but I will also check out the RX 470 and I'll probably save up for one of them.

Cheers for the response! Really appreciate it.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

Ooh, if you're open to saving up just a bit more I think it might be worth your while to get an i3 instead of that Pentium.

The newest generation of i3s are surprisingly powerful.

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll have a look but I opted for the Pentium because I saw a lot of people were saying it performed similarly to the i3s just with lower clock speeds, would this matter significantly?

• 33 months ago
  • 1 point

I didn't know that. a few hundred MHz wont make much of a difference, no. What would make a difference is getting the unlocked i3 if you wanted to overclock later on but if you're going for a budget build right now, I take it back. The Pentium is probably a good choice.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube