add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

~Console Killer Build Guide

rhali8
  • 36 months ago

Hey everyone! I haven't done this for ages, but I decided to put together a build guide. The guide brings forward a 1080P gaming monster for the price of a console. Link -

Hope you guys enjoy it. Upvotes and feedback are always welcome :P

Comments

• 36 months ago
  • 2 points

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor $61.99 @ Jet
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $73.98 @ Newegg
Memory *Avexir Core Series 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $39.90 @ Amazon
Storage *Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive $48.88 @ OutletPC
Video Card *Asus Radeon RX 470 4GB STRIX Video Card $164.99 @ Newegg
Case Cooler Master N200 MicroATX Mini Tower Case $44.89 @ SuperBiiz
Power Supply SeaSonic S12II 430W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply $46.98 @ Newegg
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $481.61
*Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-28 19:52 EST-0500

I chose a parametric filter to chose the cheapest RAM since at this budget RAM is RAM. I used a parametric filter to choose from 3 HDD who prices often swap. I did the same for the GPU's and all of them have decent coolers on them so no hairdryer stock cooler. I got a better PSU with a stable price history, it has been about the same price for a bit over half a year. That means you don't need to update the PSU selection often.

Also I would go more in depth as to why you chose the parts you did and didn't get X part and link to a professional review or something similar for each part minus the RAM of course since its going to vary a lot.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for the feedback. The guide definitely has some work it needs to make it the best it can. I'll keep all this in mind for the next revision.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Is the link supposed to be for Austrialia? There's no prices lol

It looks good, in US prices. ;)

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh damn, lemme change that :P

It's meant to be in US prices

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

besides an easy to use BIOS,

Not easy. You would need a Skylake CPU to update it.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

That motherboard has Q-Flash, which updates the bios from inside the bios. You don't need a skylake CPU.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

You would still need a CPU that is compatible out of the box to use it.

http://www.gigabyte.com/MicroSite/121/tech_qflash.htm

With this utility, you can access Q-Flash by either pressing <End> key during the POST or pressing the <F8> key in BIOS setup menu. No need to enter operating systems like MS-DOS or Windows first.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Can you not access the bios with a kaby lake cpu?

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

No, the PC will be basically a brick since the CPU isn't compatible. In order to do anything on the CPU you need a compatible CPU.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Crap... didn't realise that. I've fixed it.

[comment deleted]
  • 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually, on second thoughts, it would be easier to just swap out the motherboard to a gigabyte B250. It's pretty similar in price and adds additional ram slots, plus no bios update needed.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 36 months ago
  • 1 point

That wooden case tho...

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube