add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Huge drops in Intel CPU prices (Intel's reaction to Ryzen)

rhali8
  • 37 months ago

They know what is coming... My question is, are these new prices competitive/better than Ryzen? We haven't really gotten benchmarks yet. The other thing is Intel has been ripping people off with ridiculous pricing all these years without AMD to compete. Prices could've been this low the whole time...

This is Intel's comeback to Ryzen. Your thoughts?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

I doubt these prices will last long. I think it's just Microcenter lowering intel prices briefly knowing the intel fanboys will buy them quickly. I doubt this is a move that Intel forced. People are just hoping a lot that intel is lowering prices.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

What is honestly the point, over priced is over priced and still makes the performance to cost ratio stink worse than a summer music festival outhouse. Unless optaine is something ground breaking to bolster the lack luster price to performance there is no reason to buy intel. Hmm so even if I were to buy the I7 kaby lake and slap a AIO on it it still is getting taken behind the wood shed and beaten to death in performance buy the lowest end chip that comes with a cooler. which is still as much or more than the stock 1700 that makes it look like the fail chip that it is. 80+% packet frame rate loss streaming and gaming is still pretty shaming. Honestly the AMD demos just showed everyone that AMD is not playing and Intel has been strangling pc builders and buyers with over inflated lack luster products for a long time.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

We have seen this kind of battle before. I mean look at Chevy with their camero and corvette line ups. Nothing came close but then they started putting crappy v6 offerings in the camero and let the vette stagnate. It was not until dodge found it's roots and came out with the Viper, the hellcats, chargers and raised the demons that chevy took serious notice.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Jipster has a tardis confirmed?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry to rain on your parade but those Microcenter instore pick up prices have always been like that, sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

TBH I hope they do cut prices, it would be good for competition and consumers.

[comment deleted]
  • 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Intel isnt backing this price lowering. this is a microcenter exclusive instore price drop. I doubt it will last long either.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube