add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Where to put LED strips?

TheAcornBender

32 months ago

So ive recently got a new case and motherboard (Asus z270 strix F) which has an RGB header on it, so i want to get a cablemod wide LED strip but im not sure whats the best way to place it. i dont want anything to bright or 'in your face' so im not sure if having LEDS all the way around would be good. but i have a cooler mastrer hyper 212 evo, which is quite a large cooler and im not sure whether it would block some of the light if i only had one strip at the top. what would people advise.

The case is a fractal design define c

Comments

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

Anywhere along the edge where you think it looks good, like ShadowBender said the front might work. Since you're unsure of where you want it, the magnetic version of the Cablemod strip might be a good idea. Another thing I would do is go look at builds done with the Define C and see where other people have put LEDs.

• 32 months ago
  • 2 points

Have a look at the staffs' latest build which include led lighting. They even include an LED lighting install video. It is obviously a bit different because of the case, but you can get the general idea.

• 32 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for all the input guys. Ive decided to go with two strips at each the back and front which should do nicely. Cablemod would be quite expensive so I've got two phanteks ones instead.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube