add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

HELP! Is my graphics card dead

drisky

36 months ago

So...I start up my computer...allows me to getc into bios... then it'll show the windows loading logo with a black screen behind it. Then after that the screen will go all black and show "check input cable" but it'll let me go into safe mode and everything...just won't load past windows logo....or is this a software issue?

I also go into msi afterburner and it's not showing my gpu....

ge-force 570 I5-2500k p8Z68-V PRO Corsair TX850

I have tried going into safe mod and undoing any overclocks I had (using them for over a year) but then realized nothing was showing my GPU. (afterburner, CPU-Z and windows). Also I have tried to install and update drivers but it shows "cannot find graphic hardware".

I have tried taking out my GPU and putting it back in.

Comments

• 36 months ago
  • 2 points

HELP ME

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Reply with parts list and cable being used, what have you tried so far?

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi mate, see edited.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Here are some options:

1. System restore to a date it was working fine.

2. Take the gpu out plug cable into mobo and see if the integrated graphics get passed the bios (did the gtx 570 even show up in the bios?) If it gets through, uninstall old drivers (not by device manger, but by add/remove program in control panel) and put card back in, but stay on integrated. Go into device manager and see if your card shows up under display adapters. If its under device manager, install drivers and plug your cable back into your card. Tell me how that goes.

3. Reset cmos battery, read that it fixed a similar problem.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Hi,

No system restore :(

integrated graphics does get through BIOS. And yes, the 570 is kind of being detected in GPU-Z, CPU-Z. I have removed old drivers and done a fresh install...no luck. The GPU shows up in display adapters.

Reset CMOS battery? How do I doo that?

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000239.htm - CMOS Battery

sorry seen your post and i am having some issues also but i tried this did not fix my issue thought but yours is different may work for you.

just checking your bios is upto date. and is set to external GPU?

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Set to external GPU? The Display on Bios is set as PCI-E

and thanks for your help, will try when I get home. I might try a fresh install of windows, maybe something within that is corrupt?!

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry yes.

most welcome

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

So did you remove the cmos and reset the bios? Dont fresh install yet, use system restore before a windows update when ur pc worked.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube