add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

1060 vs RX480 at 1080p

QuickFPS

37 months ago

which is better? I know their performance is so close like really close but Im asking opinions on you on which would you choose.

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

They are both really similar performing so no one wins in performance. Same for drivers and software. With that said the RX 480 is usually cheaper so I would go with it.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

I'll just go with 480 then since it also supports SLI

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Sorry to correct you but the 480 supports crossfire not SLI. SLI needs a specific motherboard and a SLI bridge.

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

yes I know that lmao...why did I type SLI HAHAHAHHA

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

Because Somebody Lost Intelligence.

• 37 months ago
  • 0 points

The biggest factor is which - if any - adaptive sync technology your monitor uses. 480 for Freesync, 1060 for Gsync.

If your monitor has neither, there's little difference between the two cards. They're very close in performance. The 1060 is slightly more power efficient, but the 480 can be Crossfired. It's usually best to go with whichever is less expensive, though.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah I know about that but what if I'd go with a 144hz monitor without any adaptive sync vs a monitor with g/freesync which would I choose?

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

It comes down to personal preference and which games you're playing. If you you play very fast-paced shooters and racing games and don't mind turning down graphical settings to get higher fps, get the 144Hz monitor. If you don't feel you need 100+ fps then get the adaptive sync monitor for the smoother experience and better eye candy.

If both are 1080p I'd probably get the adaptive sync monitor, as a 480/1060 is more appropriate for that resolution at 60-75Hz. They'll be able to run games at max or near-max settings and maintain appropriate framerates, while on a 120Hz+ monitor they'll struggle to do the same and make full use of the monitor's refresh rate.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

ohh ok...and maybe I'll just get both with 144hz and adaptive sync monitor ;)

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

yeap

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube