add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

I wonder why I run COD fine...can I run other games?

QuickFPS
  • 40 months ago

I have a Sempron 145 2.8Ghz processor and a GT220 1GB and 4GB of ram...I'm planning on getting Battlefield 3 though I think it should run fine I also see a BF3 gameplay same specs that I have and it worked really fine no lag at all...tbh the CPU I have is actually pretty good for its price and age...still rocks some of my games no lag paired with the GT220...other recommendations? I mostly play FPS games any open world games?

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

COD is not a game, but a series of games. Which Call of Duty do you run fine with your current configuration?

What resolution and graphics settings do you play it at an acceptable rate (how much FPS do you have)?

You may be able to run Battlefield 3 at an acceptable FPS (most probably on low graphics).

Here are some requirement specifications.

You also may want to borrow it from a friend and try it on your PC before buying it. I haven't found any demo version available.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Modern warfare 2 it runs it no lag at all even on meduim/high settings I guess and at 1024x720 or 1024x768.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah, so you have a 1024 x 768 display. That's why you can manage to run these games. :D As soon as you stick to this low resolution, you save an immense graphics computation power. A 1080p display requires about 3 times more pixel to be displayed thus about 3 times more computation power to run the game there compared to your old display.

I would still suggest trying to test the game on your PC first before buying.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

COD games before BO2 are super simple to run, even on integrated graphics.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube