add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

[Poll & Staff reachout!] PCPartPicker APP ideas

tydowntyty

31 months ago

Ok before I start I want to say:

• I thought these ideas through thinking about a android type device and the ways its apps work.

• Beware of typos it happens when I type for a large amount of time.

Problem: Creating even the main user interface of the app.

Fix: Since the mobile site seems to be fast but what kills most people is the fact that they have a slow phone (or 1000+ tabs open on their phone) what you could do is create a slimmed down web browser to access just the mobile site.

Problem: Saving part lists for offline use.

Fix: To me this is a simple fix something that would be a nice addition to see how I would execute it is to take the html output button and allow people to save the html output allowing for offline use (This would require a way to open the html files in my case I would just save them and allow the user to access them in a file manager as a temporary fix).

Problem: People getting off the site using the app.

Fix: Only allow people to access within the PCPartPicker Domain (I would elaborate but I don't know how to explain it without us using the same development tool).

I put my ideas in a problem and fix form!

If anyone wants to tell me what you think would be cool tell me! I want to hear these things!

This post is both a poll and me trying to reach out to staff!

I'm sure I could come up with more ideas but its late where I am and I'm tired.

If your a staff member and have any questions or want to tell me anything just PM me!

Comments

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Fix: To me this is a simple fix something that would be a nice addition to see how I would execute it is to take the html output button and allow people to save the html output allowing for offline use (This would require a way to open the html files in my case I would just save them and allow the user to access them in a file manager as a temporary fix).

Problem is, even if you save an HTML file of almost any website on your computer for offline usage later and use the Complete HTML mode, you will still have a webpage that has many components white, blank, or otherwise missing - basically any elements of the webpage that load from an external resource on a server.

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

Its only ment to store just the main part of the page

• 31 months ago
  • 1 point

OK.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube