add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Kaby i5?

jedi5200
  • 41 months ago

Will there be a kaby lake i5? and how much will it be?

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, there will be new 7 series coming soon. According to latest leaks, the i5-7600k will not bring significant boost to performance compared to 6600k, and the price should be around the same of the 6600k when it launched. So if you already have i5-6600k I don't think its worth upgrading, but if you use older (like 2,3 series) it will be a good jump in performance.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

ok, thanks

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

well... I just bought a 6600k 4 minutes ago. I heard that the performance boost will only be the higher clocks. (3.8 normal clock for the 7600k) so i thought why wait.... maybe it was stupid... ;( was it stupid?

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

maybe...

?

¯ _(ツ)_/¯  

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

:(

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't know, though

¯_(ツ)_/¯  

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

It depends on what you define a good jump in performance as. I wouldn't call the 1% IPC increase and 10% increase in clock speed a good increase, that is about the norm for the next generation intel processors. If there was a 15+% IPC increase, then I would say it is a good improvement. So I would say it might finally be worth going from sandybridge to kabylake (the newer architectures I wouldn't bother unless you want things like native NVMe or USB 3.1 support)

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

It's a small boost in performance vs like a Sklyake CPU - so I'd honestly choose whichever one is cheaper and especially if you plan on overclocking.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I would take Kaby Lake over Skylake if I am overclocking for maximum performance. HOWEVER, for maximum OVERCLOCKS, that is a different story.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

ok, thanks

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, there will be a Kaby Lake i5 CPU (in fact, multiple Kaby Lake CPUs), and the top dog (unlocked i5-7600K) is estimated to cost around 230-240$ USD.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

dang. thanks!

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Any time. Also, keep a close watch on the pricings if you do not need all the parts at one time, as you could save even 20$ USD. Hey, 20$ USD can buy you lots of snacks!

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

ha! yeah!

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

But if you do, plz give me a Coca Cola Vanilla pleeze!

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

no. if I do, that coke is mine!!!

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, Kaby Lake will include the same i3, i5, i7 series as Intel Core processors always have since Nehalem.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

ok, thank you

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Nehalem to sandy was a big jump, unlike the ones which followed

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I can imagine. The older Intel releases just seemed to be more significant.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Probably because for the most part they were (with the exception of the pentium 4 which was a massive flop and the issues that the pentium 3 had with the top end models)

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

when will it be released?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube