add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Will it be a good idea wo build the PC without the GPU?

drisky
  • 40 months ago

I have purchased everything for my PC build except the GPU as I am still saving up for the 1080. Will it be a good idea to build it and boot it from the I7-6700K?

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

The HD 530 iGPU can handle quite a lot on it's own, of course not recent AAA games on high-ultra graphics. But CS:GO is not an issue. See this video.

See this article about FPS values and iGPU comparisons.

I would say you will be able to do almost anything with the integrated graphics including gaming. Of course, in many cases, you will have to turn down most of the graphics options to the lower end to have an OK fps.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I have my current/old gaming PC which I will still be using until I Purchase the GPU for my new one. Was just wondering if I would be able to boot everything up, install all the drivers (except GPU) and install windows! It will just be booted up and then turned off until I purchase the GPU.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, everything will work just fine. :)

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Integrated GPU will do Okay until your real GPU gets there..

Highly recommend Going on Steam and getting "Iron Snout" to pass the time.. It is a very simple yet addicting game..

• 40 months ago
  • 0 points

Depends on what you want to do with it.

If you plan on doing any gaming whatsoever, you will be severely limited. I don't know what integrated graphics the 6700K has, if any at all, but they wont be close to the GTX 1080.

So you can, but depending on what you want to do until then, probably not the best idea

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I have my current/old gaming PC which I will still be using until I Purchase the GPU for my new one. Was just wondering if I would be able to boot everything up, install all the drivers (except GPU) and install windows! It will just be booted up and then turned off until I purchase the GPU.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Then yeah, you should be good to go :-D

[comment deleted]
  • 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Actually didn't even think about that :') I dont know, I kinda wanna not use the new pc for anything until I get the GPU and receive the custom sleeving!

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube