add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Best fans for Kraken X61 or best radiator fans

QuickFPS
  • 42 months ago

Title says it all

Comments

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The best fans are SP fans (Static Pressure) not air flow. The top ones are Noctua(despite awful coloring) Corsair and EKWB Vardar fans

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

specifically what noctuas?

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I have these on my Nepton 280L and they work great. Bit on the noisy side for me when they get up there in RPM but thats just because my surroundings are usually quiet.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Any fan spinning at 2000 rpms is not going to be quiet. The non industrial noctua fans are much quieter. You could always run the fan with a PWM setting.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

It is PWM controlled. It starts to get loud around 1400 - 1500 RPM, but it doesn't reach there often, usually when temps are over 75C which doesn't happen often or for long if it does happen.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

NF-A14

[comment deleted]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

NF-F12

Those are 120mm fans and he needs 140mm for the X61.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Lemme put up the 140mm version then.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I just did. :) but the industrial version..

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks for that pointer! Forgot X61 was 140

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

:)

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

Akasa also makes pretty good SP fans. Their pressure values are higher than those typically offered by the three you mentioned, at the downside of generally being louder.

And Noctua's redux (and industrial, as mentioned already) fans aren't too bad

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I would go noctua industrial with the static pressure because they don't have the poop brown. Or if you like the brown, you can go normal noctua.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

The stock ones if you want to make sense value wise. Performance wise that all depends on your noise tolerance. If you are going to replace the fans you might as well look into getting a all around better cooler.

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

EKWB Vardar, but a bigger rad makes more difference than fans

• 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I like the Fractal Design HP14 for radiators. If more RPM are desired; some other good fans have been mentioned as well.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 42 months ago
  • 1 point

I love the E-Loops :) I was so happy to see they added 140mm versions as they only had 120mm for a while. I use the 120mm eloops as case fans on my itx build.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube