add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Should I wait for the 1080TI?

drisky

35 months ago

Good Afternoon all,

I have started to purchase the hardware for my build and the last thing I will buy is the GPU as this is the most expensive. I am aiming to purchase it in 2 months time after I purchase the PSU, Ram and storage next month. Should I wait till the 1080 TI gets released? I have looked around and have seen a couple of websites stating that it should be released in January?

Would it be a good idea to purchase a 1080 now then re-sell it when the TI comes out? Im guessing the price of the 1080 will decrease dramatically when it gets released?

Comments

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Im guessing the price of the 1080 will decrease dramatically when it gets released?

1080ti will likely be priced higher so I wouldn't expect a decrease for plain 1080, tho that might come eventually as demand settles down?

Need for the ti model prolly depends on your monitor set up and level of performance you want.

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

If you buy an Evga gpu and a new gpu comes out ( I think within 90 days after you buy your gpu) you can 'upgrade' to the newest one by just paying the difference + shipping fees sending your gpu back

• 35 months ago
  • 1 point

is there anyway to confirm this, as I would do the same as the OP.

• 35 months ago
  • 2 points

Its called EVGA stepup: http://www.evga.com/support/stepup/

Note its at EVGA's discretion what card (cooler) / model (Superclocked/ basic / FTW etc) or if they even offer the GTX 1080Ti initially on the programme.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube