add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Which GTX 1080?

drisky
  • 41 months ago

Hi all, About to pull the trigger on the last piece of hardware for my new PC. There are so many different 1080's out I dont even know where to start looking. I love the look of both the STRIX and FTW but am still unsure which one to get as theres plenty of different versions. If it makes any difference I will be OC'ing the card!

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

Manually ocing the card is down to the silicon lottry on GTX 1080s as to what figure you actually reach so most end up ocing around the same figure of 2050-2150 +/- a few Hz. A better cooler will be a key differentiator and both the Strix and the FTW and fine in that department. Usually I would say go with whichever is the cheapest, but me personally I pay abit more and often lead towards EVGA for thier superb warrenty and RMA process.

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

I personally like EVGA...a lot lol

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

I agree with these guys, EVGA is known for excellent customer service so you can't go wrong buying from them. A small bonus they are currently including with purchases is a Powerlink, so if you're big on cable management that may be of interest to you. I know you can get this promo on Newegg, EVGA is currently out of stock on their own website.

• 41 months ago
  • 2 points

The powerlink looks really cool, and I want one lol.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube