add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

good case fans? Corsair ML series or Thermaltake Ring?

QuickFPS
  • 44 months ago

any ideas? black/red theme though

edit nvm the Led fans...just black fans with good airflow thats quiet

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Greetings!

If I may be so bold I would suggest to you https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-AF120-Quiet-High-Airflow/dp/B00F6S0XJO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1475390732&sr=8-2&keywords=Corsair+case+fan

Red LED lighting to match your theme and other color options available. They come in 120mm and 140mm of course to fit whatever it is you are looking for. They are quiet fans I have never heard them running. They are 3pin fans though which depending on you might be fine.

If you need 4pin PWM they also have https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-Air-AF140-Quiet-Single/dp/B007RESGGC/ref=pd_sim_147_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=383H655BNJW8WS11KYVB

No LED but does have a red ring to match you theme. I am personally a huge fan of these fans as they are not only quiet, but with the added rubber holes for when screwing in they really are made for being seen and not heard.

As for Thermaltake rings I have always found they can LOOK amazing, but were usually more expensive and never quite perfect in performance. Just my two cents I hope this helps you out.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

aside from those AFs...are the ML pro any good?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

ML pro are several leagues above AF120's, but they are high performance radiator fans with a huge pwm range. they are complete overkill as case fans because they only move around 75 - 90 cfm max and cost $35 each. aside from decent airflow, AF120's are not very good fans, they are just popular because of the name on them. the AF120's are basic sleeve bearing fans. Thermaltake Riing fans are better built and run quieter, but they are made for static pressure, not high airflow (cfm).

now, what case are you using these in? if you can get 140 mm fans, do that. 140's move more air than 120's at lower rpm, thus less noise. for some good 140 mm case fans that are all black, here are some of the best options.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

oh.. didn't know newegg already has the bequiet 3 fans..

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

the H440

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube