add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

When will prices drop?

Danellijah

36 months ago

Heres my situtation:

I get paid at the end of October. I currently have an i5-6600k, a z170 Motherboard, 16GB RAM and a 550w PSU.

I currently have no GPU.

I want to spend no more than £250 and want to know if the prices on the GTX 1060 are likely to fall below this point by then. I know this is hard to determine, but I thought I'd ask either way. I

I'd love a 1070, and would be willing to spend £300 on one, but they sure as hell won't fall to that price. I only want the 1060 for a few months, then I 100% will ugrade to the 1070.

Comments

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

I highly doubt they will drop anytime soon, they're both very new graphics cards, if your only going to use the 1060 for a few months before upgrading to a 1070, then I'd suggest just waiting it out, or if your desperate get a 750ti/950, maybe a 960 and save some money in the long run

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube