add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Mayor's Technology Awards

rhali8
  • 43 months ago

Hey everyone!

Recently me and 2 friends put together a submission entry to a technology award competition in our city, hosted by the mayor. It is open to thousands of schools in the state, and can be entered in groups of 3 or less. After spending a couple hours putting together a submission, we entered our submission and hoped for the best.

The app we submitted was something we spoke about a while ago, its an app tailed towards students to help them study better. We made the program, but it was too simple and didn't really meet up to the expectations we wanted it to. So, we are restarting the app and using the MTA to get people to know about it, because it is a startup program.

After 10 days, the results were given back to us. Out of about 400+ entries, we somehow made it into the top 12. This was awesome news! So, what's next? They're bringing in 4 mentors, some from universities and others famous successful people to teach us how to market, develop and make our app successful. During this time, we have to continue developing our app and plan for a speech where we market our app to judges. At the end of the competition, the top three voted by the judges will get:

• 3rd - Three Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2 speakers
  • 2nd - Three iPad Air 2 4G 16GB
  • 1st - Three Samsung Galaxy S7 4GX mobile phones and three Harman Kardon Onyx Studio 2 speakers, as well as $5,000 to the winning school

I'm not really in this competition for prizes, but an S7 would be nice ;). So, what do you guys think? Any suggestions for our speech/presentation? We have to talk about our app with a powerpoint behind us, and we have to make an advertisement video for it. Thanks guys! :)

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

ty ty :)

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

This sounds really interesting man! Congrats, and I hope to hear about this more in the future. Something that helps me study is definitely something that would be very valuable to me. Good luck!

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm planning to do a beta test with a couple of PCPP users. I've got you on the list :)

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Well done, mate! Good luck with developing your app and your presentation! :-)

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks Geek! Our school is really selfish... XD JK

I hope I win too :) Even if I don't, it'll be a great experience nonetheless! :D

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

:D

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube