add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

RX 470 Hit at the Egger

Marcus9940

40 months ago

I see the 470 has landed at the egger but price gouging is in full effect. After see some reviews this is a great 1080p card if you can get it for sub $200. Hard to believe the price difference between the 470 and 480 is so small. Why buy a 470?

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Why buy a 470?

because you need/want a gpu now and only have 200 bucks for it. You wanted a 480 but it is still above what it should sell for so you settle on the over priced 470.

I can't imagine margins being too high on $150 and $200 gpus, so it seems all the vendors are shooting high trying to ride the hype/demand wave for as long as they can. Being that a reference rx480 (4gb) is "supposed" to sell for 199.99usd, buying a reference 470 (4gb) at the inflated 199.99usd doesn't seem very smart. Current pricing is just too turbulent right now. Come november the demand wave should of died out and vendors will/should drop the price down to msrps. Which is funny because they should be going on sale at that time, not selling at msrp.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Correct. Also the return to fall academic studies will influence the demand For the next month and a half. Students looking to build their school budget systems.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

It's crazy, it's hard to get hold of one of these cards and the very few that are available are priced well above the price suggested by AMD

I've seen RX 470's priced similar to the GTX 1060 which makes the card poor value, not good value which it should be at the suggested price

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes very unfortunate circumstances. But the 470 is around the $200-$219 Range. I have not seen a 1060 below $250. This will put significant pressure on 1060s knowing that 470 will get better with more titles upgrading to dx12 and Vulcan.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Well I can't speak for other countries but the 470 is about £220 on Amazon UK and a 1060 can be had for £230

That's very close to pricing itself out of the market

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

It should be going down soon... and when it does, well, from what I've read the 470 Overclocks like a dream.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube