• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

Japsu 32 months ago

Is this good?

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor (Purchased For $0.00) Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory (Purchased For $0.00) Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.99 @ B&H) Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($69.99 @ B&H) Video Card: MSI Radeon R9 380 2GB Video Card (Purchased For $0.00) Case: NZXT S340 (White) ATX Mid Tower Case ($64.69 @ SuperBiiz) Power Supply: Corsair CXM 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply ($89.78 @ OutletPC) Other: Water cooling ($200.00) Total: $494.45

I need help with the ssds, motherboard, powersupply, water cooling. I really need help with water cooling. Also, tutorials for it lol...

P.S.

I need to be able to upgrade this so make sure its not a mini atx motherboard. Also, I would like the ssds, motherboard, power supply, and water cooling all to be under $300-$400.

Also, I found this:

http://www.magicool.biz/product_systems.htm

But I figured I should make a custom loop...

Thanks!

Comments Sorted by:

Splashykoifish 1 point 32 months ago

I agree with patrick, with a processor that is unable to be overclocked the use of water cooling or even an after market cooler over ~$30 is truely not needed. If you decide down the line that you want a build with a cpu that you will be overclocking I would suggest a water cooler later. If your parts list changes please reply and I cam further help you, I will answer your other question soon.

Splashykoifish 1 point 32 months ago

actually i'm not going to make a complete parts list yet as your specifications dont make very much sense, ie) upgradeability, as patrick said you are stuck in haswell teriitory.

LemonComputers 1 point 32 months ago

Windows ke​y $20.00

You must have pirated Windows, which is illegal, right? Don't do that.

Japsu submitter 0 points 32 months ago

Nope

So, where are you purchasing the Windows key?

I meant to press $100 lol

Why didn't you add an operating system as a non-custom part then?

I did not know that was a thing.

I still suspect that you are pirating your Windows. Where are you purchasing the Windows license?

Dude, chill. Leave me alone it was a genuine mistake. Why do you mess with people with your spare time? Leave me alone.

patrickpowell 1 Build 0 points 32 months ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
Motherboard ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard $69.88 @ OutletPC
Storage PNY CS2211 480GB 2.5" Solid State Drive $134.99 @ Best Buy
Case Deepcool DUKASE V2 ATX Mid Tower Case $49.99 @ B&H
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 650W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply $77.99 @ SuperBiiz
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $332.85
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-08-04 04:13 EDT-0400

Not sure what you mean by upgrade, because once you buy a LGA1150 motherboard you are stuck in Haswell territory. Also water cooling a 4590 is probably the most unnecessary thing ever. It's non overclockable so there is almost no point in aftermarket cooling at all. Buying one large SSD is cheaper than buying 2 and the CS2211 is probably the best SSD out there behind Samsung. A R9 380's recommended power supply is only 550 and that is a direct suggestion from AMD's manufacturers. EVGA fantastic power supply manufacturers. Seriously you shouldn't water cool a 4590, that is such a waste.

AussieCTK 2 points 32 months ago

I agree with you in the most part, Patrick, however, I have to disagree with you on the PSU choice. EVGA are not the OEM of most of the PSU they sell. The PSUs are actually created by other manufactuers like SuperFlower or SeaSonic. This means that some of the PSUs EVGA has to sell isn't actually good quality as the OEM create bad PSUs.

In simplest form, the EVGA SuperNOVA NEX is not a good option; instead, I would going with one of these: http://pcpartpicker.com/products/compare/Rp8H99,h3FXsY/

Japsu submitter 1 point 32 months ago

I just wanna water cool. Also, I don't want the ASRock H97 Anniversary ATX LGA1150 Motherboard lol...

Japsu submitter 1 point 32 months ago

It's a bit expensive but I think I am gonna go with a MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition ATX LGA1150 Motherboard.