add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Hey guys, what to I need to do to make sure I'm using all of my available memory speed?

Starlana
  • 79 months ago

You can click on my 1 build to see what speed mine are, I think they are the 1866 or whatever. How can I be sure to use all of that? Do I go into BIOS? It does recognize the 8 GB (thank God!)

Comments

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

are you talking about the system usage or in something like minecraft. the system will utilize however much memory is needed on its own.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

I was thinking of the speed. I remember someone said something on another post that the system will default use 1600 speed, but if you have a higher speed RAM, you have to change some settings somewhere to use the (extra) speed.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

yes if you go into the bios you should have an option for ram speed. you need to set it to xmp profile 1. the system will then set the speed and timings for you. you can verify this on cpuz

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I'll give it a try...:)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube