add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Help needed on motherboard

nHero
  • 47 months ago

Hello, I'am moving from fx8350 to i5 4460 and would like to know a recommendation on some kind of motherboard that would be durable and wouldn't cause me any problems due to heat which I had with fx 8350 on asrock 970 pro 3 r2.0 with evo 212 cooler.

I've 70-90$ budget for motherboard

Thank you, sorry if it's on wrong sub-forum

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/9fH48d/gigabyte-motherboard-gab85mds3ha

Idk what you need the board to have, but this a pretty good budget board that would work well. Less than your budget, which is also always nice.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, well I mentioned that It should be made well to resist heat I had problems with previous motherboard because it couldn't handle the processors heat, so maybe any other options, don't want to get another cheaper motherboard if it will come with problems

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

It shouldn't. It may have been the processor itself. Idk about that one in particular, but I've read a lot of complaints about the FX series processors not coming with adequate coolers (not completely covering the processor and idling rather high). Idk enough to comment on it, but I've used a board very similar to this with an Intel and have had no problems.

Just take a look at some of the boards here on the site. Sort by what you need and check the reviews. Throw them in Google and check neweggs reviews. No one knows what you need better than you. Most motherboards shouldn't have a problem with cooling. That's usually CPU/CPU cooler issues.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah, since you are not overclocking and your cpu has a significantly lower tdp your motherboard vrms shouldnt overheat, Asrock is famous for having boards that run a little hot, I wouldnt take vrm design into consideration too much.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube