add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PS4 Neo Standings (vs gtx 1060,1070,1080)

blackberry007

37 months ago

So my understanding is that the gpu power of a ps4 is equivalent to a gtx750. The ps4 neo is supposed to be 20-30% more powerful overall above the regular ps4 (http://gamingbolt.com/how-powerful-is-ps4-neo-really) So with the new GPUs out how do these consoles really expect to survive???? They are just making them more like pcs lol.

but anyway here is my question(which is kinda stupid but im looking for opinions) How do 2016 released gpus stack up against the new coming consoles which are Xbox Scorpio and Playstation Neo?

Comments

• 37 months ago
  • 2 points

It's a lot more than 20-30%. It goes from 1.8TFLOPS to almost 4TFLOPS. It will be similar to the 380X or 470 in terms of power.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. PS4K is 4 TFLOPS and the Scorpio is listed at 6 TFLOPS. So PS4 is between a 470 and the 480 and the Scorpio is a 1060(?) I believe.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

If only 20% to 30% better its going to get slaughter by those cards. Its not even close to being as powerful as a GTX 960.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Thats what I said. The ps4 and xbox one havent even been out that long and are already seeing upgrades. Not even major upgraded just minor updates at that. Thats why I made the jump to pc

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

Well a console is suppose to be a system that can be bought for $500 or less and play games at a decent rate. They really aren't suppose to be game changes as in performance. This can be had for PC's as well as you dont need a GTX 1080 to play games or a i7-6700k OC at 4.5 ghz.

Most ppl i know arent into the whole modding and or building PC's and rather just buy a system to play some games on the weekend.

• 37 months ago
  • 1 point

yea thats true but I know so many people who complain about graphics and frame rate drops on consoles but dont want to do anything about it. These same people are talking about getting the new consoles thinking it will be a massive improvement. I tried to explain to them but it just didnt work out. oh well.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube