add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PROJECT LA BESTIA! WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK??

umartuki
  • 46 months ago

HI GUYS,

THIS IS MY FIRST BUILD AND I WANTED SOME OPINIONS/ADVICE/TIPS.

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Fc9F8K

NOTE: FANS, PERIPHERALS, AND SOME OTHER PARTS ARE EXCLUDED AS I AM NOT SURE WHAT TO ROCK WITH THIS BUILD, THUS ANY RECOMMENDATIONS WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED.

MANY THANKS!

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm working on creating my version of your build.

Meanwhile, can you turn off Caps Lock?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Here you go:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor £298.73 @ Aria PC
CPU Cooler Corsair H115i 104.7 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler £117.79 @ Kustom PCs
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard £155.31 @ Amazon UK
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory £68.89 @ CCL Computers
Storage Samsung 850 Pro Series 512GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £179.99 @ Overclockers.co.uk
Video Card Asus GeForce GTX 1080 8GB STRIX Video Card £659.99 @ Amazon UK
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Glass ATX Mid Tower Case £159.39 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £99.98 @ Novatech
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit -
Monitor ViewSonic VP2780-4K 27.0" 60Hz Monitor £566.74 @ Ebuyer
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £2306.81
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-21 02:55 BST+0100
  • 46 months ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard I have chosen is supposed to go with an 'all-black' colour scheme. Plus, it has awesome features (some which I don't require now but nice to have), so I think I prefer it over the Gigabyte mobo. Why those ram as opposed to mine? Also, the 950 pro would be significantly faster than the 850 pro.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

The motherboard I have chosen is supposed to go with an 'all-black' colour scheme. Plus, it has awesome features (some which I don't require now but nice to have), so I think I prefer it over the Gigabyte mobo.

You can keep it; I thought you had a different motherboard.

Also, the 950 pro would be significantly faster than the 850 pro.

With the non M.2 version, you can get more storage at a much more reasonable price, but the 950 Pro will also work.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

yeah true, that being said, I'm going to have two SSD's. One for OS/Apps (950 pro) and the other for data (850 pro).
Thanks for the suggestion.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Very nice build, I especially like the case.

If your look for some fans you can check out these. RGB and PWM.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, yeah the case is a beast!

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

the Cryorig A80 performs better and is much less expensive than the H115i.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow, I didn't even know they do AIO, and how did you come to that conclusion, I couldn't find any benchmarks anywhere. Anyway, I think I rather opt for a manufacturer that are well known for high quality liquid coolers.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

simple, there are several reviews showing the A80 performance. and one review shows it best easily the H110i GTX. the H115i is the H110i GTX with color swap plates for the pump.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

hmm, yes there does seem to be some data out there. However, I would rather hear more from varied people as this would be a much better anchor to base my decision on; at the moment there is VERY few reviews from users. Also, the performance difference is marginal. The h115i (h110i) has been well known for good performance according to MANY users.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

you're gonna be waiting a long time then. the A80 is new and cryorig has a tiny fraction of corsair's market presence and mind share, even if they make better cooling products.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Im sure you have a HD right?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Nope, I don't require one as I'm going to have two SSD's. One for OS/Apps and the other for data.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

ok

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube