add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Titan X Bottlenecking

rhali8
  • 45 months ago

Hello peoples! I'm on the LTT forums atm, and some guy says that an i5 6600K is bottlenecked by a Titan X. Is this true? He then shows benchmarks comparing the i5 6600K and the i7 6700K and the i7 seems to trash the i5 in most games.

Here is the link to the discussion:

I believe that the benchmarks he posted shows games that are CPU bound, which is why they show a performance increase, but I could be wrong. Thanks for the helpz! :)

Comments

• 45 months ago
  • 2 points

A lot of those titles can make use of hyperthreading which is why you are seeing lower results for the i5. Throw in the fact it's at 1080p and the CPU is likely to hit a boundary more often then at say 1440p so the results are not unexpected.

Having said that I think the tests are odd as its comparing the lowest fps. An average would be more relevant IMO.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

I see.

• 45 months ago
  • 1 point

That graph seems like a load of crap. Where are these results even coming from and why use lowest FPS results? We have no idea if he was running another program in the background to justify those results and might have caused a slight spike in the fps results. The i7 and i5 are practically the exact same CPU except for Hyper-Threading and 2 MB of Cache. Any other benchmark result between the 2 CPU's are all within 1-3 fps. Obviously the i7 would fair better streaming and gaming but straight gaming, its really hard to justify an i7 over a i5.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube