add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

In 3 hours a challenge will begin!

rhali8
  • 44 months ago

Hello people!

As the title says, in 3 hours I'm starting a challenge - the challenge being hiking the kokoda track (not the actual one). In 3 hours I'll be walking 48KM with a team to try and break the record for time. Its ridiculously tough because we are walking up and down mountains. It should take us about 11 hours depending on our speed.

Anyways, wish me luck :)

EDIT:

I have officially finished the trek. We beat out estimated time by 30 mins. Every bone in my body aches horribly. It was ridiculously tough. Once you hit the 20KM mark you don't feel your legs. The last 10KM was the worst though. I was aware of the pain and each step hurt a lot. I'm glad it's over! Thanks for the support guys! :) Also, we finished in 12 hours and 8 minutes.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

The most I've traveled was 8KM on a bike, and that was actually yesterday.

I'm still sore, DAMN YOU POKEMON GO

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

lol

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

Rofl

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Very much luck my friend! Try your best!

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks! I've packed everything and am literally shaking - 11 hours of walking up super steep rocky mountains and back down them. O_O

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I can't even walk up the stairs like a normal human being without hyperventilating because of my lung damage.

Good freaking luck!

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Hehe. :P

[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha, I've already been training for the past 12 weeks or so. :P

[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

In 3 hours a challenge will begin

I thought this was a challenge for us, but gl anyways

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I did a 20 mile Hike a couple of weeks ago... I feel out of shape... ;-;

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

That's nothing to scoff at =)

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

How was it?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Description updated :D

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

:D

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow what a challenge, great job achieving and surpassing your goal! I've never gone hiking, not for real, but it sounds brutal to be at it for so long.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Ty :)

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Dude don't forget to hatch those eggs ;)

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Man i'm level 16 and i still haven't got a single one! Meanwhile my friends have each gotten 5+.

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm almost convinced i'm glitched into not getting them, and these 2 and 5ks aren't cutting it lol. This post gives me some hope though, or atleast i don't feel so alone in the 10k egg struggle. Btw, f*** you!

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Average speed of 2.45mph.

I would love some more info like terrain, total elevation change, weather, number of people in the group, and how might weight everyone carried.

I do A LOT of backpacking and have done several 40 MILE weekends before.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

http://media.wix.com/ugd/c5a25c_cf0cbbab37904afdb524ef90a9c61d04.pdf

That's not very clear, but I think that's the best we have. There were about 5 people in the group, each of us carrying just above a kilogram. As for the weather, it was literally raining the WHOLE time. Like non stop for 12 hours.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

So carrying no weight. ok.

Thats pretty good, all things considered. So you started at CP6 and then went to the finish, correct? There is some pretty good vertical in there. What was the age of your group. Mostly kids?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Yep. We were in a group of 5, 2 of us were 15 and 2 of us were 16. We also had an adult with us.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

oh ok. Yeah that makes sense. Not a bad time for sure given the weather.

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube