• No spam
  • No NSFW content
  • No piracy or key resellers
  • No link shorteners
  • Offensive content will be removed

Topic

rhali8 33 months ago

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pokémon go is here! Its quite a bit of fun too. Also hilarious how we Aussies got it first. Apparently people from the US got annoyed and downloaded it from the Aussie servers, and ended up crashing them....

Your thoughts?

Comments Sorted by:

Duke_Of_The_Giraffes 2 points 33 months ago

My brother walked around like a idiot all day, but hey, he's level 5!!!

rhali8 submitter 2 Builds 1 point 33 months ago

lol

Duke_Of_The_Giraffes 1 point 33 months ago

All of the church's around here have crazy gym leaders.

Both were level 400.

Modders?

No, seemed legitiment.

I just think people in church have that much time to **** around.

tiny_voices 4 Builds 1 point 33 months ago

Do you mean cp 400? That's nothing at all.

Whoever it was had a level 400 pokemon.

That's nothing. My local gyms have cp800+ pokemon in them. Met an 8th grader last night who has multiple cp1000 pokemon.

No such thing as 'Level' 400 pokemon. There is no pokemon leveling in this. Only CP levels, which stand for combat points. cp400 isn't that much, but to someone who just started it is quite a bit.

gorkti200 3 Builds 2 points 33 months ago

https://imgur.com/tlth1LU

some tips, maybe helpful to some.

noap7 1 point 33 months ago

I downloaded the apk from aussie servers and it ran great for the two days i used it. Downloaded the official us app yesterday and have been having a blast driving all over the place in search of pokemon. Looking to buy this soon lol. Actually going out with about 5 other friends tomorrow driving around all day in hunt of pokemon. It's gonna be awesome!

That sounds really good! I might do the same! :)

UPDATE: spent the whole day around various cities in indiana and kentucky and am now level 13. My best pokemon are a cp 743 jolteon, cp 662 aerodactyl (from a super lucky 10k egg), a cp 671 magmar, and a cp 540 haunter(that will at one point this week be a gengar). Basically portable chargers have been my lifeline today but i learned this game is sooo much more fun with friends! Team mystic ftw!

Very nice! Valor is the way to go, me and 2 friends are going for Valor because they seem to be not good enough. We at our school are pretty much pokemon legends, we've played every game, caught every pokemon, and moved on to proper competitive battling (Playing OU and UU). We can balance it out ;) :P

Instict

Hey! The name's Spark -- the leader of Team Instinct. Pokemon are creatures with excellent intuition. I bet the secret to their intuition is related to how they're hatched. You never lose when you trust your instincts! Blanche:

Mystic

I am Blanche, leader of Team Mystic. The wisdom of Pokemon is immeasurably deep. I am researching why it is that they evolve. With our calm analysis of every situation we can't lose!

Valor

I'm Candela--Team Valor's leader! Pokemon are stronger than humans, and they're warmhearted too! I'm researching ways to enhance Pokemon's natural power in the pursuit of true strength. There's no doubt that the Pokemon our team have trained are the strongest in battle!

I personally like mystic's message and approach as they remind me of my methodical extremely planning mindset i approach games with. #Team blue!

Too many people like Mystic, which is why I went red.

RebelAllianceFTW

I'm level 8 and own the 2 gyms in my neighborhood. Have caught abouthe 100 pokemon.

Damn.... Remind me not to mess with you lol

All the highschool and middle school kids on summer vacation are level 12 to 18 though so I can't really do anything anymore. Both my gyms were just taken.

Eh, catch more pokemon :P

(Gotta catch em' all)

I know. I just keep running out of poke balls. Lol.

Just wondering, which team did you go with?

Charmin 1 point 33 months ago

I'm gonna organize something with 3 of my other friends and we're gonna go around the local mall and catch some pokemon. I'm only level 3 though and I've only caught 5 pokemon. I haven't had much time to get out rip.

vagabond139 5 Builds 1 point 33 months ago

I don't have enough room on my phone : (

Rip. Idk, delete some stuff? :)

manirelli staff 8 Builds 1 point 33 months ago

This topic has been moved from "General > Off Topic" to "Software > Games / Gaming".

Charmin 6 points 33 months ago

Do you have Pokemon Go?

Do you have Pokemon Go?

Just wondering :3

Ksongs 2 Builds 1 point 33 months ago

Haven't played it. Ah the struggles of having a windows phone.

rhali8 submitter 2 Builds 2 points 33 months ago

Rest in Lumia.

Ksongs 2 Builds 1 point 33 months ago

HTC one m8, but same thing haha.

Oh lol

GuyWhoCodes 1 point 33 months ago

Windows phone masterrace

Fite me 1v1 irl m8

dphillips157 1 point 33 months ago

the strugglr of having no phone

Sad lief

gorkti200 3 Builds 1 point 33 months ago

Well I caught a Bulbasaur on the way to work this morning, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.

I haven't gotten out much except for a bit on Sunday, reached lvl 5. Probably going Blue team cause my old coworkers are mostly on that.

I'm having entirely too much fun with it. =)

So I battled at my first gym today on a lunch break, and holy smokes. cp500 Pidgeots wrecked my entire team. Need to up my game, I did take down a Pinsir and a Magnemite though.

Don't worry! They don't know the powers of the dark side!

Nice!

Chillsabre 2 Builds 1 point 33 months ago

This may happen someday....

http://i.imgur.com/6yJJopT.jpg

Volcanoe00 1 Build 1 point 33 months ago

Wanted to see what all this hype was about but it's not even available in the UK yet...

Rip.

RazerZ 2 Builds 1 point 33 months ago

Everyone around me is playing it but it won't work with my phone. :/ Crashes on the main page

Have you got location services on? Which phone are you using?

RazerZ 2 Builds 1 point 33 months ago

Yep. ZTE Zinger on kitkat

I have no clue....

I am taking a look at some articles, and so many of them say that pokemon go is outright dangerous, that its got something to do with conspiricies.. Why? Pokemon go is a great game? Why are so many people hating on it?

its got something to do with conspiricies..

Links? Sounds ridiculous. But links are always appreciated.

ROFL that was great.

XD

Javanode 1 Build 1 point 33 months ago

Illuminati confirmed

XD

My town center used to be a ghost town. I drove in the other day at 10:30 at night and it was popping lol. I was shocked.

lol. There is a university near me that has literally 15 pokestops in a 500m radius. Half of them are always lured. I've been there twice. First time I went I caught about 50 pokemon, including a pikachu and a 350CP scyther. Second time there was a magmar, but I couldn't find it because the tracking system is broken.

Jeff_M 1 Build 1 point 33 months ago

Universities here start the fall semester in about a month, it's making me laugh trying to imagine what it'll look like with everyone trying to walk to class and catch pokemon at the same time.

lol

Same as my my town center. There was at least 40 pokestops around town. One block has 4 stops that you can reach at the same time, all 4 had modules. I saw Pikachu but he escaped like 4 times and couldn't catch him :(

Scotty0709 1 point 33 months ago

I genuinely downloaded it, seen how far I would need to walk, went "I can't be assed" and uninstalled it.

[comment deleted by staff]

Draw?

Because it is pokemon in the real world. It is really bringing communities together and making people go outside. If you have friends and a community that plays it, you will find it very enjoyable.

Well this obviously isn't everyones experience but I have a bud who has been on Tindr for awhile and he said he got two phone numbers in one weekend playing Pokemon Go instead... rofl