add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

980 ti or save up for a month to get a 1080?

GentlemanShark
  • 44 months ago

Do you think nVidia will drop support for the 980 ti soon or should I get the GTX 1080? I am playing at 1080p@144hz on Ultra.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

I'm using a 980 right now and I play 1440p@144hz on Ultra on pretty much every game I've played so far and it works great! Although if you're going to get a 980 ti, may as well get a non ref 1070 (but then again, most of them probably breach the 400+ dollars price bracket). Personally I'm gonna wait until the 1080ti to see what my options are before upgrading, and I may not even upgrade then.

To specifically answer your question though, 980ti for 1080p @ 144hz on Ultra is a more preferable path to go on. simply because the 980ti deals are too good right now.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd get one for $360, is that a good deal?

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

$60 less than a new 1070... I would try get one for $340 and get it for that if you can.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

or see if they can do $350

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Nvidia will be supporting the Titan x, 980ti, and 980 for at least 5 years. They only just stopped supporting the 7800 and 8800 series cards.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Well, I mean look at cards like the 780 ti that don't perform all that well.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I dunno,I just tested, benched, and sold a pair of Asus matrix platinum 780ti cards in 4690k system. Was either just behind a 970 or a tad faster depending on the game. Firestrike was decent too. Single card pulling high 11k and sli pulling high 15k. That's not terrible for a card released in 2013. And the 980ti was... Is... A far more popular card than the 780ti. The whole platform has been far more popular.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a 1070

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube