add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

6350 or 8320 for my budget build?

xx116xx
  • 79 months ago

Hello people of PCPartPicker!

I was wondering if I should spend the extra $20 and go with the AMD FX-8320 as opposed to the FX-6350? I'll be using this for gaming, with small bits of video editing and rendering, and may start streaming. Here is what I have lined up for everything else -> http://pcpartpicker.com/p/20jQj . Being 15, saving up that extra $20 may take another 2 or 3 weeks, so I was wondering if it was really worth it to wait.

I appreciate any and all feedback!

Thanks!

EDIT: I will be buying most (if not all) things at my local MicroCenter, so for either processor I get a $40 off on that Motherboard.

Comments

• 79 months ago
  • 2 points

Tough decision.

In current gen games like BF3, Metro 2033, etc, the 6350 will perform better.

The extra 2 cores will help in tasks like editing.

Now, games mainly only use 4 cores, but as a nice future-proof, I would get the 8320, or even the 8350 if you can.

Another option is to get the 8320 and OC it.

Also, I would get the 2GB version of that card if you can. It is around the same price, and you will get much better results in gaming at 1080p.

If not, a 2GB 650 ti boost is a great alternative for the same price.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Yes, it is indeed a tough decision. That why I came here where people know more than I do :P Also, I was thinking about OC'ing, but it being my first build ever I don't want to screw anything up, plus I don't want to have to buy a cooler.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

How long are you planning on keeping the build?

1-2 years or 4+ years?

Also, with a good motherboard and CPU Cooler, OC'ing is a breeze.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd like this build to last me probably 3ish years, maybe more, maybe less. It's hard to tell what kind of money I'll have by then.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Then I would probably get the 8320 now and a nicer motherboard.

In the future, you could buy a CPU Cooler, and OC?

Would that work for your budget?

If not, you could get the 6300 now and a nicer motherboard; then OC in the future.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

Also, about the card, I was not really set on that one. It's the cheapest one at MicroCenter, and the 2gb versions were like $170. I'm probably going to end up ordering a 2gb one. I have also looked at the 650 ti boost, but from the benchmarks I have seen the 7850 outperforms it most of the time.

• 79 months ago
  • 1 point

You could order it online from another retailer.

http://pcpartpicker.com/parts/video-card/#c=132,81&sort=a5&r=2048

• 79 months ago
  • 2 points

I also prefer the 7850 over the 650 ti boost. The 650 ti boost is just a 660 with disabled cores. An OC'd 7850 will perform very nicely.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube