add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

i5-4460 vs A10-7850K

G_I_L

43 months ago

Which is better? In terms of CPU and intergrated GPU performance. My friend claims the A10 "***** the i5"..

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

The graphics on the A10 would probably be better than what comes on a i5 but an i5 is 10 times better in terms of computing tasks.

Most people would buy an i5 and get a separate graphics card if for example they were a gamer, therefore they get the best of both worlds.

A10 7850's were used by people as a budget option, they allowed for ok graphics without the need to buy a separate graphics card but they would never compete with an i5 and half decent graphics card

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

The A10's graphics are a lot better (but still pretty bad and in most cases not worth it) but the i5 STOMPs the A10 in terms of pure CPU performance. It's well over twice as fast in most workloads.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube