add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Opinions on this first build

DopeCh3f
  • 47 months ago

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor £196.98 @ Ebuyer
CPU Cooler Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler £26.99 @ Novatech
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 Mini ITX LGA1151 Motherboard £129.98 @ Novatech
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory £48.99 @ Amazon UK
Storage Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive £77.20 @ CCL Computers
Storage Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive £39.95 @ Amazon UK
Case BitFenix Prodigy (Black) Mini ITX Tower Case £58.76 @ CCL Computers
Power Supply EVGA SuperNOVA GS UK 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply £69.18 @ CCL Computers
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total £648.03
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-06-28 19:40 BST+0100

(I'll be adding the radeon RX 480 just waiting on the release and reviews)

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

Looks like a very solid build.

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

Great build. Nothing wrong with the 212 Evo but I would go with a Cryorig C7. Better perf for around the same price.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, quick noob question, will the radeon 480 fit with this case plus the components. Also I cant seem to find a UK seller selling the Cryorig C7

• 46 months ago
  • 2 points

The 480 should definitely fit no problem but you'll need to remove some of the drive bays. Maybe check a video review/breakdown for that case and make sure you don't have to remove a whole block of HDD's, and that you'll have enough space for HDD's/SSD's. Some cases each drive bay is separate and removable but some you need to remove a whole chunk of 3-4 bays.

But the case specs are:

MAXIMUM VIDEO CARD LENGTH

177mm With Drive Cages

317mm Without Drive Cages

And TechPowerup lists the 480 at 241 mm in length. And don't worry too much about being able to find the C7. I'm in the US so I can't help much but the 212Evo is very close.

Btw PCPartPicker automatically checks compatibility at the top of the build page. "Compatibility Check: No issues/incompatibilities found." If you pick a case that's too small it'll tell you in big red text.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good, but I would recommend a different cooler

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

thanks

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

No problem

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

might change it or a Cryorig H5 AMD and Intel Processor Heatsink Cooler

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

That would be a good option

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

What's wrong with the 212 EVO?

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Nothing

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Then why go for a different cooler for a budget first build? It's great for it's cheap price

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

If he could spend the extra money I would recommend it

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube