add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

PC upgrade advice needed

xiaodimsum

44 months ago

Hey guys,

I've been wanting to upgrade my PC but not sure what to get to be able to get the best performance out of this.

A friend of mine gave me this advice and I was wondering what can get the most out of AUD$500 that I'm planning to put it in.

My build: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30Ghz NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 ASROCK B85M PRO4 VS 650 PSU Cooler Master Enforcer Case

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 2 points

Your PC looks fine as is. If you want to upgrade your system the question you should be asking is what do you use it for the most? Are you a gamer if so, maybe get a better graphics card (970 or 980) if you are doing more computing tasks such as rendering and editing then maybe upgrade your i5 to an i7. Have you got an SSD and if not would it be worth spending money on that?

That's what I would be thinking rather than upgrading for the sake of upgrading.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Get a RX 480 gpu or 1070

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I have currently 8GB of ram and I use it as a gaming station, would toy around with rendering a couple videos for my friend once in a while.

So salazar75 and talby, u guys think its better to just upgrade RAM / just get better graphics card?

I just want to be able to game with at least medium / high settings on graphics for the upcoming games since I noticed my card isn't really up to task for open world games.

Really appreciate all the advice guys!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube