add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is this a good solid build?

drisky

44 months ago

Went for a white theme. May possibly go into 4k In the future http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/gQZ6M8

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Looks good. You could save some money by choosing a different case, PSU, and cooler without reducing performance.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Depends on what you are doing. Gaming? Looks great, but there are a lot of prices missing. Also, I'd recommend to get the G2 or P2 version of that PSU. The NEX is mediocre quality at a high price point. You also don't really NEED the h100i if you're going to OC, unless you're going to OC all the time, and if you go with it, and noise bothers you, get the quiet version of some AF140's from corsair or Noctua fans (just don't look at them.)

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Would be gaining. Would look into cutting the costs as you noted. I would like to OC somewhat but just by a bit! Also I like this list as it would look nice with my room setup as I'm currently remployed doing my entire room with all new furniture in the black and white theme. Also as having cpu fan coolers for almost 7 yearso so I kinda wanna try a decent watercooler!

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh alright. It's your build dude. With that cooler though, you could probably OC more than a bit with some decent temperatures.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah will probably start to fully Oc when I feel the need too! Also with the psu I'm not going to buy one. I made my pc 6 years ago and bought a new 850w so I guess I'll just use that! Would you say it'll be alright with a 6 year old psu?:,)

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Ah also! I bought a 120 or 250gb ssd 6 years ago! So I could just use that! Would it be alright to erase it and stick it into the new build? Or have they changed the cables since? Sorry I haven't touched or looked at my pc for over 4 months since I've been busy

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

6 Years Old? Eh, I'm not too too sure on that. It'd probably be best to get a new one. Especially with the plan to OC. It could probably wear out your PSU. So I'd recommend a G2/P2 from EVGA.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Alright, for some reason prices aren't showing for loads of items! But here's the update PCPartPicker part list: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/mhVdnn to be honest I haven't changed much but skimmed some prices down and added a i7 and improved the cpu cooler. Might not buy the ssd too and use my 6 year old one

• 44 months ago
  • 0 points

Tbh, i hate any Over-clock build. I think Oc is just worthless, works out your components too much (even if at low temps.), and squeezes out just a little more FPS, so if you want good gaming, i recommend go for the H170 motherboards, they are solid. And change the i5 6600K to I5 6500, if you doubt, check the i5 6500 vs i5 6600k benchmark, you'll notice 5-10 FPS difference, and if you check Oc bad side, there are a lot of bad things about OC. Btw, if you go with a non-oc build, you won't need that cooler, i recommend a CRYORIG H7 or 212 EVO, they are the best for me. Good luck mate. https://pcpartpicker.com/forums/topic/77470-is-overclocking-worth-it

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

And if you can, get an I7 6700, They are just terrific! :)

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube