add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Good mobile games

onseak

44 months ago

So I finally got a new phone, not the best, but I can play. The most demanding game I've tried is Asphalt 8 and it runs perfectly. But that's not the kind of game I'm into.

I really enjoy playing casual games, or idle games too, clicker games aren't fun after a while. I'd like a game where you can progress without spending an hour on a game session just to get little progress, I'm not asking a game that boost you to level 100 and gives you the best weapons, I want a game that after 15 minutes playing it I get to feel a little bit powerful.

Any recommendations are welcome, I'll check everything that I find interesting.

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Clash of clans and hearthstone are pretty great on mobile, don't let the hype and mass players deter you. Both are quite good and perfectly ftp. Hearthstone is a complete match on mobile as it is on pc, in fact you'll use the same accounts for progression

My sis plays this kingdomheart game thats looks very very good, I haven't tried it but if you're also a fan you'd most likely love it.

Yeaaaahhh thats about it. I don't do much mobile gameing besides that and a few skill based ones once in a while

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Its pretty easy to rush town house 7 in a week, and thats when the game gets interesting for warring. (Not to say th6 isn't bad).

But you litterarly have to play thr game to gather resources faster, you can't exactly depend on your collectors. That and war bonuses helps tremendously

Its mainly finding the right community and clan thats offputting or not for the players.

I've certainly been to a few irk worthy clans

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I play Hearthstone, the old Sega Genesis Shining Force games and the Final Fantasy ones.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I can back Hearthstone as a good mobile game, just make sure you have a decent phone for it. It's a great game though if you're into card games.

Clash of Clans is kind of meh, I agree with Legonate. You can get pretty far and have enough fun, but then it gets super grindy, or demands you buy IAPs to alleviate the grind. It's basically 'The Formula' for 95% of mobile gaming. The game is successful enough to have spawned countless clones though.

DeNA makes some good mobile games. Final Fantasy Record Keeper is intriguing if you're into old school FF games (just wish it didn't suffer form 'Overbearing-Tutorial-itis').

Another of theirs is Star Wars Galactic Defense, which is like a Tower Defense game that mixes in heroes. Unfortunately, it also gets pretty grindy. You'll hit a wall where you just aren't high enough level to continue without grinding matches (which encourages buying IAP, surprise surprise).

Ingress is a cool geocaching-esque game if you like to walk around. A quick Google search tells me there are thousands of portals in Chile (it's a global game).

Honestly though, I consider "Good Mobile Games" to be an oxymoron. ;)

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I played HS on PC, got as far as rank 12 goes, then I felt that I had little fun facing the same decks over and over. I know is meta, but I feel HS being caged in a certain amount of deck variations -decks that are viable- and that makes the game less fun for me.

CoC is something I'm very familiar with, I reached TH8 IIRC and that was my wall, I spent so many time in that game that facing this enormous wall that didn't let me progress any further just felt unnecessary and dumb. Supercell is a really good company but needs to reduce a little the P2W factor, as they are doing on Clash Royale.

I can't play a FF game in various game sessions, I NEED to spend the time necessary to complete the title at once or I get really anxious about finishing it, this happens with almost every RPG I face.

I'm going to check the Star Wars TD game, is it really that IAP intensive?

I tried Ingress once, and didn't realized that the point of the game was to move from my current location, so I uninstalled it quickly. Gonna give it a try now. Also I'm really hyped about Pokemon GO, so it makes sense that I get used to this kind of games.

Finally; "Good mobile games" is indeed an oxymoron for me as well. Mobile gaming is still far from what I could call a complete gaming experience. But for the sake of simplicity I just wrote that without giving it further thought.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm going to check the Star Wars TD game, is it really that IAP intensive?

I played it for many hours, over weeks, before I felt like it had stalled my progress. It's good if you like TD games, I'd recommend it.

Same as CoC. I played CoC (and the Star Wars knockoff actually) for a good while until I got to the point where I couldn't build a single structure without waiting for like, weeks, and if you locked up all your builders building stuff then you were basically stuck raiding for no reason forever (cause all your money would get stolen away anyways before your buildings finished).

The FF game I mentioned is not a traditional FF game. It's kind of like a Greatest Hits combined with a mobile game.

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
  • 44 months ago
  • 1 point

Gonna check both out. And I know its unlikely to catch a game that is what I'm currently looking for.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube