add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Cyber Monday on Chile

onseak

44 months ago

So this upcoming Monday most of stores will 'celebrate' a day of 'SICK OFERS OMG BUY EVRYTINHG".

What I don't like about this kind of things is that, at least here, sellers raise the price on things a few weeks before those events and then when the time has come to apply discounts and offers they say that prices are a certain percentage off and that's not the case by any means, let's say I own a store where there's a phone at $200 USD, a few weeks before the 'Cyber Monday' I raise the price to $250 without a large amount of people noticing, then on the days before the event, I lower the price to $175 USD, so I go and publish the offer as a 30% discount on the item, which according with the original price, is just a 12% of discount -idk if I'm correct lol-.

This is why I dislike this kind of events, they trick people to pay for discounts that are not real most of the time. On the other hand, there are some stores that do offer real discounts and good prices. That's how I found a really good price on a Huawei Honor 5X, that isn't the best phone out there and falls in comparison with my previous Moto X Play -which got stolen from me :(- but I'm needing a phone right now, I've spent two months without one, and I'm starting to need it for work/family purposes.

So as the majority of things on our reality, things have both bad and good things.

What are your thoughts on events like this?

Comments

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

I've never seen this phenomenon although people talk about it being the case here in the US as well.

Hey even if it's true, you did say you've gotten good prices before. I got my TV many years ago on a Black Friday sale; it's the only time I've ever bought anything like this before.

• 44 months ago
  • 1 point

If you are wanting a new phone I suggest looking into ZTE's newest models! They are actually rather impressive!

[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube