add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Bioware and SWTOR Interview

gorkti200

40 months ago

YouTube link. Spoilers for SWTOR.

An interview with some developers at Bioware about KOTOR (a bit) and SWTOR (a lot). But it's cool. Kind of makes me want to reinstall SWTOR.

Comments

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

If only the game wasn't so boring... ugh!

Wheres my pre-revamp SWG?!?!

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Wheres my pre-revamp SWG?!?!

Don't talk to me about pre-NGE SWG. I don't have the emotional fortitude for it...

SWG EMU project still going strong though...

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

But its not quite the same feeling sadly.

90% of my server stayed logged on and played to the very last second.

I still remember Metalus Gravis!

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Very last second before NGE or last second before server shutdown?

I'll admit, leading up to the NGE launch I fled into the Dune Sea, abandoning my professions to take up music, established a small home in a valley between some rather nasty Krayt dragon spawns, and shook my fist at the Imperial Star Destroyers in the sky (that I took to represent SOE, even though I was Imperial myself).

Post-NGE I barely signed on, had already jumped ship to WoW, and I tried to forget it all.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Until the NGE was implemented.

I used to enjoy farming bandits far on the edges of the deserts for holocrons which were really good money.

I had a clothing factory set up to produce clothing with included combat mods and I was the only one on my server who made them (no one ever found out how to do it).

I had 2 accounts but was fun nonetheless.

I was rolling in money and had more orders than I could actually fulfill.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Wow sounds like you had a crazy good setup. I had a swoop bike manufacturing business at one point. My friend also was simultaneously running a scam, selling new players broken swoop bikes. You couldn't see the health of the bike you were receiving until it was deployed, and by then credits had exchanged hands lol.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

You know you guys could play swg emu a group brought it back and are working to get the game up back up to date to pre NGE.

Edit: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/content.php?r=173

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Were lazy...

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I linked it in my first comment =)

I may install again on my new rig; I had it on my laptop.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

Oh dang can't believe I missed that haha my bad. I may reinstall it too its sounding really fun now thinking about it. How much of swtor have you played? I'd give it a shot considering its free.

• 40 months ago
  • 1 point

I bought the Collectors Edition of SWTOR and played for about a month and a half or so.

The first 10 levels felt kind of story-centric, sort of. After that its just WoW with lightsabers. I had already played WoW for like 6 years on and off at that point so I was good on that experience.

• 40 months ago
  • 2 points

If you just want to play for the story (I'm gonna assume your a star wars fan) as you know each class gets their own story now is probably the best time. With the newest expansion they made the game very casual. Any companion can be heals tank or fps, so no more being force to use a specific companion because of their that.

The game is also a lot less grindy now. Class story quests and planetary ARC quest give you enough XP to move onto the next planet. So side quests now are completely optional. Also just for your information if you sub once you get every expansion that has cone out and keep them even after your sub ends.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube