add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Case Fan 3 pin connecctors

deathfromup

74 months ago

I am planning to buy this 4 pack of fans:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?SID=hq5jWEIuEeOXQubfOzc19g0_8Jol3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&Item=N82E16835103052&cm_sp=

i notice that all of them have 3 pin connectors. I dunno if im crazy or something but i cant find all these male 3 pin connectors in my build/ motherboard. The 4 pack of fans has like 600 5 star reviews so i feel like im missing something here. Where can i plug in all these 3 pin connectors?

I have plenty of molex and i know there are molex to 3pin connectors but id rather not invest in those if i am missing something.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

The 4-pin male connectors also support the standard 3-pin fan connectors if that's your question. Your motherboard only has 2 connectors that you can use as far as I can tell. You'll have to get one of these, plug it into a 4-pin(PWM) connector and use that to power your other fans.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

I think your link is not working for me? just sends me to the homepage of ncix. Im guessing the product you tried to link it maybe a splitter for the 4 pin connector?

This questionmight be out of scope for this topic, but fo you know if i will pull too much cirrent of i use a splitter for 4 fans? They say they are all .16A each at 12V x4 which i guess only adds up to 8 watts but since its all coming through the mobo i dunno if that is bad.

• 74 months ago
  • 2 points

Yes and my apologies, I fixed the link.

I've seen people feed 16+ fans and I'll be doing it myself so have no worries.

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

awesome thanks man, i appreciate the help

• 74 months ago
  • 1 point

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A78LMUSB3/#specifications

found in the Internal I/O Ports section: 1 x Chassis Fan connector(s)

is this the 3 pin connectors for this fan?

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube