add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

What Power Supply?

EvanS_
  • 47 months ago

My build is currently http://pcpartpicker.com/p/cZY3cf but I do not know what a good power supply is. I will be ordering the 1080 GTX when it comes out and don't know what is good for that sort of build.

Comments

• 47 months ago
  • 2 points

A 500-550 watts would be fine for one GTX 1080, and with a 750 watts yoou can SLI 2 GTX 1080s

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

a evga p2 650w would be fine for that build

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Any Antec, Seasonic, or XFX unit would be good.

EVGA's G2/B2/P2/GQ/GS series are great, and Corsair RMx, RMi, AX, and HX are solid.

As for wattage, go with what Pegotico said.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly, not all XFX units are good.

I would recommend watching reviews.

I must say in the UK the XFX beats the other brands in price so its a good thing to learn about.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

XFX stuff is made by SeaSonic so it's prett much good all around

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

The XFX XT is not one of them sadly.

They offer a 2 year warranty and the information about them on the website, the product's box and the PSU itself are all different and some of it makes no sense.

Aside from that, the rest should be fine.

I guess the XFX XT is the quivalent EVGA's NEX.

• 47 months ago
  • 1 point

The XT is now confirmed by XFX to have a 3 year warranty.

It's best likened to EVGA's 400W - The lowest end from both, not having complete input filters, stuff like that.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube