add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Is My i5-4670K Temperature okay?

MrWhiteMacaroon

71 months ago

Min: 38 C at idle and 73 C at Max, I am using the OCCT program to test and I have an Cooler Master Hyper EVO 212 to cool it down. Do you recommend any other testing program that works for Haswell and on Windows 8?

Comments

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Tad too much :P But try not to go over 72 though.

Idle Temperature 28 to 35°C

Load Temperature 47 to 60°C

Max Temperature 72°C

By curiosity, what case do you use? Any OC yet? OCCT is good but I recommend Prime95, good old always work.
And CoreTemp or RealTemp for temp readings. My favs.

Edit: Is it like your first run at it? The cooler has a thermal paste That you have to apply. All thermal pastes has a break-in period. You will notice a 2-5degree difference in that break-in period. Continue to use it but in regular uses and shut the PC down, to allow the thermal grease to settle. I tend to force the CPU cooler side to side when its in place to make sure the grease spreads ok. Don't play with it while it's not secured in, you'll end up with an uneven surface.

EDIT 2: I saw your case, it is supposed to have good cooling in there. In the end, it might just be OCCT overrating your temps. Which is better than underrating.

EDIT 3: Other temp reading softs, I personaly use Core Temp and Everest. I also recommend HWMonitor.
LINKS:
Everest: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1398/everest-ultimate-edition-5-02-exe-package/mirrors
Core Temp: www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/
Real Temp: www.techpowerup.com/realtemp/
HWMonitor: www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thank you

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Np, glad to help you.
And here: Useful link to all your questions I found today

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yea that is what mostly happened, when I tested the CPU it would be around 60-65 and when it hits 90% memory usage, that rises up to the 70`s

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I have not OC yet but I wanted to do a nice OC to 4.0 GHZ maybe 4.2, I used the thermal paste that came with the cooler and i built the PC about a week and a half ago so maybe it didnt break in.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, that cooler is supposed to be quite cool though. About OCing, I hope you can reach those limits being stable. I am suppose of getting the same CPU cooler on monday but on the tracking number page, it sais ~8:00AM out for delivery and never comes. I hope I will get better than stock temps with that cooler right out the box.
About OC again, if you continue using, OCCT, it's fine but when you do stability tests, change the test for at least 24Hrs. 1hr isn't enough, it will only demonstrate your OC is safe for 1hr which is not what an average user uses a PC for right?

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

The cooler makes your build look sexy, good luck with it.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

Thanks, I finally got it this morning. I had no problems whatsoever with the HS but the first application of thermal grease, I placed way too much. And it had kind of a separated liquid part to it. I removed everything and went fresh. I got it on the second time though. It fits perfectly in my CM case. I am still using the stock thermal grease but I might take some Arctic Silver MX-2 from my bro. The temps reading are luckily 5 degrees lower(From 35.3 to 30.0). I hope the temps get better, if not, I'll simply change the thermal grease. On idle, the fan is really quiet. I wonder how it's like on load, can't wait to find out, how quiet is it for you?
EDIT: my build is very sexy now!

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

I heard that the stock grease is actually really good and you don't need to get a better one but change it every 6-12 months. My fan is too quiet that I had to open my case to make sure it is still running, but when you push it to its limits, it gets a little loud but not too crazy.

• 71 months ago
  • 1 point

they get really hot. that sounds about right.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube