42 months ago
Now while these aren't bad parts at all, I'm just sick and tired of people asking again and again and again and again about these parts that really are commonplace now, or just don't want to bother doing the research in order to understand their question.
Also can you tell I'm annoyed today?
Here's the list:
- GTX 1080, not even that great of a deal for the money. The 980 was the better 970, and it wasn't sweetspot, and the 1080 won't be either. That's just how the price margins work, even if the 1080Ti has GDDR5X.
- Samsung 850 EVO, while not mentioned as much, has become a staple in the SSD market. They aren't the best, only come with a small 2 year warranty, and there are companies that IMO make better budget SSD's
- NZXT H440, I don't understand why all the cube "minimalist design" cases are so popular. It was first the Fractal Design R4, now the H440, and soon to be probably a new case as well. I don't like this design really, and prefer something with a little more character to it. I do think both cases can look nice, but no one really makes it "pop" to me anymore
- 980 Ti's, 4K surround, etc. etc. While not exactly parts so to speak, it's still stupid that everyone wants one yet they come with so much more complications than the average joe who wants PC would want to ever deal with
- Watercooling. Watercooling is great, and it looks awesome. But it's something that again, everyone wants and thinks it's super cheap and easy, so much to the point to where you can ask for it. Doing something like that takes a lot of time, lot's of planning, and just in general making sure that things will all work out and not just completely derp on you.
What about you?