add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Got a new shift

onseak

43 months ago

So I just came out from a meeting with my boss, at first I was afraid I got fired, because this month management have fired five persons already, so I thought it was my turn to leave. Surprisingly enough, I got a new shift, and man, I'm already loving it.

It's from 7 am to 4 pm, from monday to saturday. Bye 12 hours shifts! The only downside of it will be that I'll get like 250 USD less every moth. In compensation, I'll get to spend more time with my daughter!

Yay for good bosses!

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Do you work like in a warehouse or something?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Warehouse - Distribution Center. Of a company that makes milk related products, if not the biggest, the most popular among people in the country. Getting in is rather difficult, so I'm lucky I didn't get fired lol

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice. Does it require formal education, like a bachelors? Sounds interesting.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Most of the charges, yes. But since I did a semester on programming, plus the online courses on logistic software, the excel course I did in high school and my good level of english served as really big boost. The best part is that I get to do career and climb up positions just as the ones with formal education. Who knows, maybe someday I'll be where my boss is standing.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice. It's really good to see that it is still possible to have worthwhile and fulfilling careers with advancement without needing a college degree.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, in my country getting a career is the only way of getting the good jobs. I'm very lucky for being where I am.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Nice!

Now... I need a job :)

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Well sounds like your family time is more valuable to you, so congrats! That's great. =)

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, but just realized that I'm going to take longer on building my computer :(

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

my last full shift is tomorrow then hellos 4-5 hour shifts

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

How many days a week? o.o

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

everyday

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

not a single free day on the entire month?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

nope havn't had a weekend off since my birthday (december)

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

But you get compensation days right?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Sounds great, especially now that you have more time with your family! :P

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Indeed!

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

yes - more time with your daughter is worth every penny. There will be a time when she is older, gets married or moves away.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Indeed! I want to enjoy her the most. I want to do so much things with her, and now that I'm given more time, I'll have no impediments to do so.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah! I was starting to feel my kid wasn't very happy for not having me around as much as she wanted.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube