add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

GPU over hype?

Angry_Plzen

36 months ago

So i've noticed a high portion of comments pertaining to people's use of graphics cards, that seem to go a lot like this "Should've waited for Pascal" or follow that format very closely. So i've been wondering which of you guys are sick and tired of the Pascal hype, I know its supposed to crush the titan x at half the price, but in what applications, I'd really like to see Pascal vs Vega (AMD has said that Polaris wouldn't be the super high end stuff). Now I know that a good portion of you guys are going to say that it would be an unfair competition, because vega has hbm2 and pascal has gddr5x. But what are your opinions? And How tired are you of seeing people commenting that "you should have waited for pascal" on builds

Comments

• 36 months ago
  • 2 points

I should've waited for Fermi.

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Should've waited for Westmere

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Should've waited for Prescott.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Should've waited for Clarkdale.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Should've waited for TeraScale.

[comment deleted]
  • 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Should've waited for Bulldozer....

Wait... Maybe not...

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Should've waited for the Wheel

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Should have waited for atomic(30 years after pascal)

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Lol, its all about activision making gpus(it also includes the new cod with dlc and addable vram for 14.99$!)

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Memory really doesn't matter that much like people say. Sure it's higher speed, but if the GPU can't utilize that memory speed, then there isn't much of a point.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

And How tired are you of seeing people commenting that "you should have waited for pascal" on builds

You should've seen everyone on this site when Maxwell first came out. If anyone didn't have a GTX 970 they were immediately told they wasted their money. When everything calms down its back to normal. The circle of life.

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd really only rate the 970 a 87.5%

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

Did you know Polaris and Vega are both stars?

• 36 months ago
  • 1 point

should've waited for the gtx god mode

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube