add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Tell me a story..

GetOut

41 months ago

Scary, sad embarrassing just any story...

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I looked in the mirror once.........it scars(e)s me to this day.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Okay. For me it was when I was doing some routine maintenance on board our boat. For those of you who don't know what my boat looks like, here's a link to the old one. Anyway, our boat has a larger mast on the top of it and I was tasked with repairing our RADAR and fixing some instruments (Note that I'm like 13 at the time). So, I climb up on top of the upper deck with a tool box in one hand and manege to get on the roof of the wheel house, from here on out you have to get a running start and run onto the smoke stack and use that to get onto the main mast on the wheel house. Once I do this I essentially do a one arm flail up the mast head bar by bar trying to find a hand hold (I'm also scared shitless at the time as I'm a solid 30 feet off the ground). I get to the first series of instruments and do a one handed repair of some head lights (simple bulb change) and then I go further up to fix some weather instruments, that all goes smooth until I have to climb to the very top of the mast. At this point there are no more rungs and I have to jump up and hold onto this one 6" square of metal at the very top of the mast (I have left my toolbox and just have a screw driver). I get up onto this platform and am basically crouched so I don't fall over as there is no more handholds or anything, just a horizontal piece of metal with a RADAR antenna. I'm doing a very sketchy repair with the screw driver as it looks like a few bearings are out (the wind isn't heavy maybe 5mph, no biggie). Then I look at the horizon and see a huge dark cloud move across the water, except it doesn't move at the pace of the cloud, it was moving fast. A few seconds pass and then boom horizontal rain strikes. This * was intense okay? I nearly fell off at the first gust of rain. It was a generally cloud free day and then bang! it felt like 50mph winds (probably wasn't that) and I'm being buffeted left and right and I can't do * because I don't have room to manuever. Everyone else on my boat was working on the deck so they are taking cover behind tables or in the hold. I fell off when I was trying to get down, but grabbed a hand hold and tied myself to the mast for dear life.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Once, there was an ugly barnacle. He was so ugly that everyone died. The end.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted by staff]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube