add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Last book you've red

onseak

43 months ago

Hey, wanna know what was your last read, and are you a good reader overall?

I finished Dune: House Harkonnen yesterday, and man, what a good book; it's the second part of a trilogy that do as a prequel to the original Dune saga, and the way the authors develop the story into the main saga is overwhelming, I spent almost all my free time reading it, just the way I did with the first one, now I'm excited to get home and grab the third and final book, I also have the first three one of the original saga waiting on a shelf. I've developed sort of an obsession with the saga as you can tell.

Comments

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

That would be Water to Wine and that was in Julyish. I'm not a big fan of reading books.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

The Great Gatsby.

Are you a good reader overall?

Nope :P

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Excellent book.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Great book indeed.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

The full percy jackson series was amazing, but I haven't read any books for like two months now, so i should probably start reading more instead of watching YouTube videos, lol.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

What are your thoughts on the series? Is it worth it?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah, definitely worth it

really good story to it.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I am currently reading Rise of the Warrior Cop: The Militarization of America's Police Forces. I used to read two books a weeks but I've been pretty lousy about lately.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I think the last one i read was dont let go

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Last book i read was something in the Percy Jackson series and I'm about to start reading the Dirk Gentley books.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I am currently reading The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafón.

My last finished book was The Demon Haunted World: Science as a Candle in the Dark by Carl Sagan.

I love reading and think I do well at it. I tend not to make enough time for it. My GF and I for the last 3 years have endeavored to read a book a month, but we always fall short, usually reading around 8 a year instead.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I read "The Pearl" by John Steinbeck for school a few weeks ago.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Was it good?

Schools here make students read really boring books. The only books I remember enjoying were Siddharta, Fahrenheit 451 and The Myth of Sisyphus.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

It's really short but it's an amazing book. It definitely is one of those books that inspires you to just think about everything happening because there's actually a lot going on.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Dracula. Great book.

• 43 months ago
  • 0 points

Last book you've red

Man I love redding books

[comment deleted by staff]
[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

+1 for Chillstep

Of mice and men is on my list of books I have to read before September.

I love that kind of teacher that let's you watch the movie -if there's one- of the book once the whole class finished it.

[comment deleted]
[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

Sorry, I was in a hurry when I wrote the title, and since english is not my main language I think some mistakes here and there are acceptable. If there's kids writing evrythng liek dis while having english as their native language makes me think I have some room for mistakes every once in a while.

Heh.

[comment deleted]
  • 43 months ago
  • 1 point

As a fellow grammar nazi, I get you.

• 43 months ago
  • 2 points

Forced to read Anthem.

Irony at its finest.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

By Ayn Rand, what was so bad about it?

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

I'd say that's just Ayn Rand and yeah I felt the same about A Tale of Two Cities.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

This.

Hated force reading on school, made everything boring and tedious.

• 43 months ago
  • 1 point

1256 AR points in one year

HOLY BANANAS THAT'S A LOT

A kid at my school got over 2000 once. In my prime (second grade) I got almost 500. After that I didn't really enjoy reading as much and now I almost never read.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube