add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Anyone else from Latin America

onseak
  • 46 months ago

I know I'm not the only one, but where is everyone else who get treated like Mexicans on some games just for speaking Spanish?

Comments

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I mean, I live there, but not permanently,(gonna move again soon) And I usually patch into the north american server

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Sadly not, but I speak Spanish.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm not. This post makes me sadface. Where are you actually from?

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm from Chile, an interesting country overall, although If I were given the chance, I would fly somewhere else without second thought.

Why? Internet is expensive, public transport is a major issue because i'ts badly implemented, computer parts are way overpriced, connectivity is on the poorest state possible on the majority of the country's territory.

I think the main reasons I want to leave would be the bad connectivity, If I were to get optic fiber I would need to move all the way across the city, to an specific part of it and then see if its viable, then the only company that offers a good quality of optic fiber may take days to come and install everything, not to mention the installation have an extra price, which is a bit too high. And if the connection someday fails, they WILL take days to fix it, not to mention they will charge you for that.

And don't get me started on how difficult and expensive is to build a computer.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

public transport is a major issue because i'ts badly implemented

I live within walking distance of the capitol of the USA, and we have this problem here as well XD

But on a more serious note, sounds like a lot of troubles. Sorry to hear it!

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

DON'T GET SHOT

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Haha glad to know the things I complaint aren't 'country-locked'

If someone is willing to live without the high end tier of things, Chile is a viable option, and I'm talking about living in Santiago, the country's capital, regions (you have states, I have regions) are more worse on connectivity and prices, but instead you get a peaceful lifestyle, without hurries and such. The south of my country is beautiful, hands down.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Yeah there are likely more similarities than either of us would guess!

There are definitely wide expanses of much more rural area in the United States that are much slower paced and full of natural land. Reminds me that I want to visit more states that I haven't been to, would love to see the Grand Canyon some time soon.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I think I'll do a trip to the States when my daughter grow up enough to be without her mom for more than a week, I would love to schedule a trip when some of the great electronic or video games events are up, I'd love to be there for an E3 or a Blizzcon, just to mention my favorites.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm in California

So speaking Spanish should be like the back of my hand. Sadly it's not ;-;

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

Speaking of poor metro in the DC area, these are the scheduled closures for the next year due to terrible mismanagement and poor maintenance.

Not long ago they shut down the entire metro for 24 hours, with no notice. People trying to get to and from work were screwed basically.

• 46 months ago
  • 1 point

The metro here is very decent, in fact, is one of the cleanest and well organized in the world, as news and articles here and there have stated several times. The only issue is the overwhelming flux of people on the high demand hours, if you want to have a good day, just avoid the metro on those hours.

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube