add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

Don't know what to upgrade to!

KeyVoid

41 months ago

I have a gtx 970 and a i5 2500 non k with 8gb 1333 ddr3 ram and a stock Intel cooler & a cx750m by corsair. I'm trying to figure out what to upgrade to. I was thinking of buying a i7 6700k with a Asus Z170a board and a deep cool captain 240 and ddr4 3000mhz ram. I'm in a 600$ budget! What can I upgrade to. To see a nice preformace difference! But also my ram is 1600 but won't go to 1600 it will only stay at 1333 mhz. So I'm wondering on what to do. Make the upgrade to a better gpu and or a second 970 and new psu and water cooler or just go for the upgrade. But I'm also worried about my processor not being able to handle new games that come out. And also if so I don't want a cpu bottleneck if I do get another 970 or upgrade to another gpu.

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Here you go! PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

Type Item Price
CPU Intel Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor $334.99 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler be quiet! Dark Rock 3 67.8 CFM Fluid Dynamic Bearing CPU Cooler $74.90 @ Newegg
Motherboard Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard $142.98 @ Newegg
Memory Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 Memory $34.99 @ Amazon
Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts
Total $587.86
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-05-04 19:23 EDT-0400
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I don't think you get what he's asking

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube