add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube

New 3rd Person Star Wars Game by Respawn Entertainment

johngerges582

41 months ago

It's an EA game, but at least it's a Star Wars game right?

http://www.ea.com/news/the-force-is-strong-with-respawn-entertainment

Comments

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

That's interesting it better be good. I'm still salty about battlefront.

Oh if you were a kotor fan you might like this. http://www.apeirongame.com/

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

ooooooooa

That looks cool.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

They used to have screen shots on the site I guess you can only see them on their twitter now, but its looks really good. if they can complete this It would be awesome.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I remember seeing something like this. They were remaking KOTOR 2 in, I think, Unreal Engine and it got shut down because some stupid legal dispute.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm sure that's going to happen again. Disney's pretty strict about the rights to stuff they own.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

It's an EA game

So Ill pay a $60 deposit for half of the game, and pay another $140 later to unlock some maps and a free blaster? Then what about the vehicles? Another $50 for 5 of them, and then Ill pay another $30 for a "Stuff Pack" with 10 colorful lightsabers that require you to unlock them through the other $80 expansion you need to buy.

Did I get that right or did I miss a couple hundred dollars?

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

You definitely missed some things. I think you missed the extra $80 for the characters and another $25 for alternate outfits that have hidden effects. Then another $30 for new OP force abilities. Then the $120 expansion that adds space battles because they decided they didn't need them until they saw even Call of Duty doing it when they weren't. Then another $75 for an Episode VII expansion that will have its own separate DLCs.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

Exactly xD

[comment deleted by staff]
  • 41 months ago
  • 1 point

This is just year one DLC though. It doesn't include year two or the sequel(s).

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The EA salt is strong with this one.

I just bought Battlefront for $24 off Origin. I'll wait on season pass till it's discounted as well. Get the whole game for less than $60.

You guys are just doing it wrong.

I'm pretty excited to see what Visceral is doing with their Star Wars game. They hired Amy Hennig (Legacy of Kain series, Uncharted series) to direct so this inspires a lot of faith in me. It's been in dev since Battlefront was announced at least, so, it's been awhile.

Plus I want to realize my dream of fighting necromorphs with a lightsaber.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

The EA salt is strong with this one.

Not really. I actually don't hate EA, but I don't like them either. I'm still upset over the whole "you just paid $60 for a game that doesn't include everything" I don't want another season pass.

I just bought Battlefront for $24 off Origin. I'll wait on season pass till it's discounted as well. Get the whole game for less than $60.

That's a nice steal.

I'm pretty excited to see what Visceral is doing with their Star Wars game.

As am I, but EA kinda of puts my hopes down a bit. DICE had so much potential for an amazing game. Battlefront was a letdown for me. Who knows. Maybe EA learned from their mistakes.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm still upset over the whole "you just paid $60 for a game that doesn't include everything" I don't want another season pass.

Yeah I get this. It's not just EA though it's everybody. I am immune to it because I just don't care (lol). For example, I loved skyrim and fallout 3, so I was OK buying fallout 4 for full price. But knowing that the base game has so much content I'll never get to, I feel no remorse skipping the season pass.

As for Battlefront, I think it is an amazing game, but maybe not the game some of us wanted. I got exactly what i expected out of it though. I knew it was a game I'd enjoy(and I played the stress test weekend to confirm this), but I didn't feel it warranted $60 from me (because I'm cheap frugal). I also played a few times at a friend's house on his xbone. So I knew I wanted the game, knew I liked it, just had to wait for a deal that worked for me. I may get the DLC for Battlefront if I really get into it or there's a good discount, but I may not, and I'm OK with this.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I am immune to it because I just don't care (lol). For example, I loved skyrim and fallout 3, so I was OK buying fallout 4 for full price. But knowing that the base game has so much content I'll never get to, I feel no remorse skipping the season pass.

You defined the problem. Some people don't have the cash to buy the full game that costs $120, and others have moral standards so they won't buy from grey markets.

I dug through my comments to find out what I said about the game, but I couldn't find it. My excitement for the game was drowned out by watching what it could have been. But I always had to go back to the fact that this game isn't a Battlefront III. Just a battlefront to drive up hype for the new movie.

The game just seems to repetitive for me. It lost its touch for me after playing it for 1 week.

I'll have to see if the DLC's will add anything interesting for me to get back into it. As of right now, the game is dead. I mean come on. A game from 2005 has more content.

• 41 months ago
  • 1 point

I'm pretty sure EA has the license for star wars until 2020 or something like that. So yep all star wars games are gonna be EA.

[comment deleted]

Sort

add arrow-down arrow-left arrow-right arrow-up authorcheckmark clipboard combo comment delete discord dots drag-handle dropdown-arrow errorfacebook history inbox instagram issuelink lock markup-bbcode markup-html markup-pcpp markup-cyclingbuilder markup-plain-text markup-reddit menu pin radio-button save search settings share star-empty star-full star-half switch successtag twitch twitter user warningwattage weight youtube